The Photography Thread

Looking ahead to the tortuous ascent of Beinn nan Aighenan, one of the remoter munros. It's in Glen Kinglass but slightly easier to get to from Glen Etive. I was going to delete this one but liked the light trying to break through the cloud (it did and we were completely clear at the top) 

Glen Etive Munros-05.jpg

Gear advice needed yet again folks...tripods. I’m going to get a benro gimbal head for wildlife stuff but I’m needing a tripod that this will fit onto. Preferably I’ll be able to swap the gimbal for a different one more that’s suited for landscape stuff as well. After a carbon fibre one and my budget is £170.

9 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Gear advice needed yet again folks...tripods. I’m going to get a benro gimbal head for wildlife stuff but I’m needing a tripod that this will fit onto. Preferably I’ll be able to swap the gimbal for a different one more that’s suited for landscape stuff as well. After a carbon fibre one and my budget is £170.

I'm assuming your going carbon fibre for the weight reduction to carry?  Trouble with being too light is they move in the wind. What lens are you using?

Personally, I use Manfrotto.. Good solid base and you can interchange between gimbal and ball head easily. I don't use it very often as I dropped down to a 300mm prime with 1.4 tc so most of my stuff is handheld these days. Saving up for a 500 prime mind you.