The Photography Thread

It looks like someone's accidentally lent on a valve release at Mossmorran!
Ha! I thought the most ironic thing was that with Arthur's seat being a volcano at one point, it's pretty fitting that the photo looks like it's erupting [emoji23]

Not anywhere near the quality of some of the other pictures on this thread, I know, but thought I would share this picture that I snapped from a boat off Vancouver Island in late August 2018 - I have an old Canon with a 75-300 lens but pretty clueless as to how to put it to work.  The air was thick with the smoke from wildfires - which gave an oddly dark feeling (even though it was about 3pm).  Being stuck in my house for this past few weeks (the UAE went into lockdown a few weeks before the UK...) really makes me miss the outdoors!

IMG_2604.thumb.JPG.c734ece187d53aac54adf9177bca0244.JPG

3 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Another old photie from 2014. Glen Garry viewpoint. Nearly deleted this one at the time. And the moon last night.

IMG_1722.thumb.jpg.eb55d8ea2cdd44a7d0c2ef50444b19eb.jpg

7J1A7610.thumb.jpg.a36d44b683e390d9f24ebff682a3bab3.jpg

Got a decent one of the moon too whilst it still had a tinge of pink last night.

038DF65E-826E-4292-9F29-BBBAF87EC5F7.jpeg

30 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Got a decent one of the moon too whilst it still had a tinge of pink last night.

038DF65E-826E-4292-9F29-BBBAF87EC5F7.jpeg

The boy done good 😂 I faffed about too much waiting for it to rise above some trees so I could shoot it out a window. Eventually I had to go out in the street anyway and it was about 9 o’clock. Tonight will be useless as it doesn’t even rise till 8.45.

1 minute ago, The Mantis said:

The boy done good 😂 I faffed about too much waiting for it to rise above some trees so I could shoot it out a window. Eventually I had to go out in the street anyway and it was about 9 o’clock. Tonight will be useless as it doesn’t even rise till 8.45.

My photo was actually aided by some trees! 
When we went a walk last night and the moon was at its pinkest, the sky was too light and the iPhone camera too crap to get even a half decent photograph. 
Went home and got the missus’ camera out. Faffed about with a couple of lenses until I got a good focus on the moon through a gap in the trees over behind my house. If you look really closely, much of what looks like dark sky is actually out of focus tree branches in the foreground of the photo giving the illusion of a sky much darker than it actually was,  but inadvertently enhancing the moon.

Beginners luck haha!