The Photography Thread

15 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Where’s this @expatowner ?

I should have said.

Its a photo I took (with just a simple iphone) of a photo in an exhibition in Cape Town, South Africa.  Most of the other photos were from war zones and were pretty "gritty".  

Edited by expatowner

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

These are amazing, did you put seed down and wait for them? Rare seeing a goldcrest on the ground.

Crested tit is spectacular.

Yes mate. I always take various bags of seed to bring them in. I go up there every winter for the cresties so the Goldcrest was a bonus😃

On 12/03/2020 at 19:01, Stevo Fife said:

Some crackin photos of recent.

Trip up to one of my favorite haunts last week Loch Garten & the Cairngorms.

Goldcrest which is a first for me as the wee shites are always on the move!

_SDJ1484.jpg

_SDJ1596.jpg

_SDJ2483.jpg

I was at the very place two weeks ago, just got round to editing the shots now. Originally I went to the mountain car park and headed off to the northern corries looking for ptarmigan. I was there on Friday just passed as well - no luck on both visits sadly. Didn't leave empty handed though.

DSC_0490.thumb.jpeg.c54328d5b63ae02b63ec517420dfc4f3.jpeg

DSC_0411.thumb.jpeg.f60914cca6ce39066741bbc8393aa9ed.jpeg

DSC_0341.thumb.jpeg.3fb0b3e2006340599bb235fddb105a2c.jpeg

22 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I was at the very place two weeks ago, just got round to editing the shots now. Originally I went to the mountain car park and headed off to the northern corries looking for ptarmigan. I was there on Friday just passed as well - no luck on both visits sadly. Didn't leave empty handed though.

DSC_0490.thumb.jpeg.c54328d5b63ae02b63ec517420dfc4f3.jpeg

DSC_0411.thumb.jpeg.f60914cca6ce39066741bbc8393aa9ed.jpeg

DSC_0341.thumb.jpeg.3fb0b3e2006340599bb235fddb105a2c.jpeg

Think that's the same Crestie! 😊

It's a cracking place to go. 

Have you tried Glenshee for the Ptarmigan? Climbed up there a couple of years back in horrendous weather but got some decent shots of them and mountain hares. 

Think that's the same Crestie! [emoji4]
It's a cracking place to go. 
Have you tried Glenshee for the Ptarmigan? Climbed up there a couple of years back in horrendous weather but got some decent shots of them and mountain hares. 

I haven’t no but it was my next plan! I’m back in Perth next week so I’m thinking of doing a day trip to the Shee and try my luck. Would you just suggest heading up the left hand ski centre slopes? (as if you facing towards Braemar).

41 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I haven’t no but it was my next plan! I’m back in Perth next week so I’m thinking of doing a day trip to the Shee and try my luck. Would you just suggest heading up the left hand ski centre slopes? (as if you facing towards Braemar).

Its actually a Munro (Carn Aosda i think) but a fairly easy one to climb and if memory serves me well took just under an hour to reach summit.  You take the track up behind the ski center and just head up. Once at summit settle down and keep your eyes peeled. We saw loads of Ptarmigan and mountain hares despite a blowing gale.

Capture.JPG

50 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

And all going well here's what you'll see. Apart from us although you never know!

16179417_10154383784467149_6579917460446111221_o.jpg

16252009_10154383784157149_1678880091703508112_o.jpg

327222577_1.jpg

53 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Walk Description

STAGE 1

Park at the Glenshee Ski Centre; there is a car park by the cafe on the west side of the road, and a much larger parking area on the east side for use in the skiing season. Begin the walk from the cafe by heading past the main ski building and then turning left across a gravelled yard to join a track climbing steeply uphill. Follow this diagonally to the right to reach a ski-lift and an octagonal cafe building (used in winter only). Continue on the main track between two ski-lifts, climbing steeply uphill. The track then bends left and crosses over a ski-run. Once past the far snow fence turn right onto a slightly narrower, eroded track climbing steeply. This eventually recrosses a ski-run; when it forks take the left branch which aims straight uphill.

3_6_1m.JPG

STAGE 2

The track climbs to reach the ridge just west of Carn Aosda (with a Carn Aosda signpost). Ignore the track cutting across the slope to the right and instead head straight uphill on a stony path to soon reach the summit cairn. At 917 metres in height and with the high level start this is probably the easiest of all Munros to reach. Unfortunately the extensive ski developments badly scar its slopes and detract from the experience, though the views are good.

9 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Excellent thanks for the tips! I do remember seeing mountain hare up there in the summer a couple of years ago. Tempted to bring my skis and jump on a lift to save me the walk emoji38.png

Someone told me you can get the chairlift up with or without skis but I'm not a lazy b*****d and like a gid walk!  :-)

Enjoy.

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Lockdown's in place so where better to get some photography inspiration than at ground level in your own garden!

_MG_9864.thumb.JPG.940636d4782e899e03c177050f8a44da.JPG

_MG_9871.JPG

_MG_9868.JPG

_MG_9867.JPG

Shame on you for not tagging knightswoodbear in regard to the first pic! :thumsup2