The Photography Thread

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

1636121434_spidereatingwasp.thumb.JPG.e5e97b25048f2f6ed9bc94fe47cea122.JPG

I forgot I had this. It's a reverse mount that fits an old manual focus 50mm lens backwards onto my camera and converts it into a macro lens, having great fun. Only downside is the aperture ring doesn't function so I'm stuck with whatever it's on, looks like about f/8.

I've no idea about 'camera speak', but that's a nice capture of the arachnids' abdominal patterns.

10 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

1636121434_spidereatingwasp.thumb.JPG.e5e97b25048f2f6ed9bc94fe47cea122.JPG

I forgot I had this. It's a reverse mount that fits an old manual focus 50mm lens backwards onto my camera and converts it into a macro lens, having great fun. Only downside is the aperture ring doesn't function so I'm stuck with whatever it's on, looks like about f/8.

I was tempted to reply to this @ knightswood bear... but I'm not that evil! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/10/2019 at 17:54, Stevo Fife said:

Not sure what you mean but if your saving your photos as JPEG after processing then click on choose files and find yer folder.

Either that or you were pissed when you posted this 🙂

Tosser.jpg

I honestly wasn't pissed! What a torrid time I'm having trying to post photos online. Having a complete nightmare posting photos to facebook and here, for some reason the photo quality is absolutely terrible when its uploaded. Sizing it down to the correct size, converting to jpeg, using a sRGB colour scheme isnt working - something has happened thats changed and I can't figure out what! Weirdly, photo uploads are great quality on my windows work laptop but shite on my own mac.

Anyway, how are you (and others posting more than one photo at a time? I can't attach a single photo because it says you can only "attach 8 MB at a time" so what is it I'm not doing that you guys are regarding this? I know I've posted multiple pics on his thread in the past but for some reason I can't anymore, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

6 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I honestly wasn't pissed! What a torrid time I'm having trying to post photos online. Having a complete nightmare posting photos to facebook and here, for some reason the photo quality is absolutely terrible when its uploaded. Sizing it down to the correct size, converting to jpeg, using a sRGB colour scheme isnt working - something has happened thats changed and I can't figure out what! Weirdly, photo uploads are great quality on my windows work laptop but shite on my own mac.

Anyway, how are you (and others posting more than one photo at a time? I can't attach a single photo because it says you can only "attach 8 MB at a time" so what is it I'm not doing that you guys are regarding this? I know I've posted multiple pics on his thread in the past but for some reason I can't anymore, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

5 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

How does the quality look of that? Looks shite to me, grainy and pixelated. Previous photos haven't looked like that.

2035068556_DSC_0021copy333.thumb.jpg.10bd5da183a9d20c0b8041e7daf39c9c.jpg

That photo looks fine to me too.

Are you using Photoshop or Lightroom to convert to Jpeg? I''m guessing its something to do with your conversion settings.

Failing that delete the software and do a fresh install?

9 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I use Flickr to upload all my photos and then link from there....I find a lot of the time uploading them directly to here tends to compress the photo. In saying that the example you posted up doesn't seem to bad at all.

Was back out at the football at the weekend, getting too cold for this now.  This time it was Inverness Athletic vs Thurso in the North Caley League.  Inverness coming off a run of bad results and i think Pic one explains a lot in my view......if you keep tackling your teammates....it's hard to win games.

49039431421_95c275fc95_c.jpg

49039492381_084d49f1a1_c.jpg

49039764227_d9fb67ac47_c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...