The Photography Thread

Some more photos from the TT

1. Ramsey Sprints - race what you bring

48088137123_5573fedcc7_c.jpg

2. Ramsey Sprints - Showing off optional.....and encouraged

48088122116_bc41173bdc_c.jpg

3. Braddan Bridge - Keep her tight on the inside.

48104490248_28a0e6f312_c.jpg

4. Braddan Bridge - Even in the chairs, you have to keep it tight

48108388212_b78493e4f3_c.jpg

5. Braddan Bridge - And always wave as you go by.

48108432447_4606a790fb_c.jpg

6. Crosby Leap - Old man Rutter, popping the front wheel over the crest

48109640373_3bdc60d6c0_c.jpg

Have been wanting to get into photography for a while but like most folk I'm totally bewildered as to what would be good to start off with. Have seen this bundle on the Costco web site and it looks decent, it's a Canon EOS 4000 DSLR body with an EF-S18-55MM lens, bag and a 16gb card. All in for £240. Should I go for it or do you think there's better out there for that kind of money. All advice gratefully taken on board.

1 hour ago, HI HAT said:

Have been wanting to get into photography for a while but like most folk I'm totally bewildered as to what would be good to start off with. Have seen this bundle on the Costco web site and it looks decent, it's a Canon EOS 4000 DSLR body with an EF-S18-55MM lens, bag and a 16gb card. All in for £240. Should I go for it or do you think there's better out there for that kind of money. All advice gratefully taken on board.

Check and see if there are any indpendant photo shops in your area or a local camera club. Both will offer advise re your needs and let you try some gear. Once you have decided what you require do not be afraid to buy second hand as there are many good buys to be had.  Practice, practice  and practice with settings to gain experince and a camera club would greatly assist you.  Most of all enjoy.

On 30/06/2019 at 08:47, jamamafegan said:

Great photos Steve. I was there back at the start of June, sadly it was quite a dull day but you’ve just got to make the best of it out there!

IMG_5801.jpg

IMG_5799.jpg

IMG_5800.jpg

IMG_5803.jpg

IMG_5802.jpg

Cheers. Nice shots.

Aye, you certainly do. Thinking about heading back over next couple of weeks before things get too late. Just gotta hope for some decent weather.

On 03/07/2019 at 12:08, HI HAT said:

Good advice from Moonglum.

Google is your friend. Do some research and decide what it is you want to photograph. You don't have to spend a fortune to get started.

Oh, and buy  Nikon. Canon are shite 😁