Hibernian vs Dunfermline

How bad was the referee btw. Fat little c**t. 

We looked tired, lazy, uninterested. Our defending at times was woeful. Players expecting their team mates to go to track runs and win tackles and no one was doing it.

Marciano was excellent. Best I've seen a hibs goalie produce at Easter road since Ben williams against Aberdeen in the cup a few years back. 

Gray looked off the pace.

McGregor had a rare off day and was all over the place at times.

Stevenson was alright, not great.

Bartley was shite before the last 15 when he was the only one who looked like an attacking threat from midfield

.fyvie is a little dick head

. McGinn looked burst, misplaced pass after misplaced pass, wanting to do it all himself instead of releasing passes earlier. 

Boyle at least looked like he wanted to spark something, one of the only ones to get close to pass marks. 

Shinnie back to his usual shitebag self. Get him to f**k. Can't be arsed watching c***s like him turning up once every 8 games. 

Holt shouldn't have started, looked jaded all game. Keatings should've started instead.

cummings done absolutely nothing apart from his penalty. 

All in all yet another chance to extend our lead blown. If we had won our last 2 matches we'd be 11 clear by now. Now we go into Wednesday with one fit centre half, who is suspended for our upcoming cup game where we will have no centre backs. Been a bit of a joke start we've made to this year bar the Dundee Utd and hearts games.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
show me where anyone has said they want AJ sacked.

I'm not going trawling old posts at your behest, but I remember comments discussing how much to get rid before we went on the unbeaten run, stuff like he's "done alright against part timers" and "taken the team as far as he can."

So possibly not sacked, but heavily hinting at it.

Just now, Black and White Tragic said:

I'm not going trawling old posts at your behest, but I remember comments discussing how much to get rid before we went on the unbeaten run, stuff like he's "done alright against part timers" and "taken the team as far as he can."

So possibly not sacked, but heavily hinting at it.

Image result for cheryl cole okay

Based on the way the game panned out, I think it was a point gained rather than lost. Up until last night, Hibs had not conceded two goals for twenty games - Dunfermline should have scored twice that amount.

Marciano single-handedly earned the draw with some Schmeichel-esque saves - the only way he could have looked more like the Great Dane would have been if he had taken a Schmeichel-esque goal-kick into the player's tunnel... :rolleyes: Bemusing goal-kick aside, Marciano was comfortable with the ball at his feet and with the ball being blasted at him from point-blank range.

An outstanding performance from our keeper wasn't enough to paper over the cracks; the cracks became a canyon at the back when Bartley was revealed to be our emergency centre-back. Fontaine was finished after a challenge early in the game, he was finally taken off after we conceded via a questionable charge by McGregor in which Gray comfortably mopped up the loose ball took a swipe at fresh air and gifted Dunfermline a goal. Our keeper Israeli good, but it took our very own star of David to make a five-star clearance in the second half - which arguably redeemed his howler in the first. Even without that early route back into the game, it would have been difficult to keep Dunfermline out after Fontaine inevitably came off.

I don't blame Bartley for being a bad centre-back: he shouldn't have been there. Bartley was never a logical choice as a backup CB, even if our other alternatives are a u20s centre-back or Crane. He is formidable in a deep holding role, but he is not suited to sitting back with no room to manoeuvre. Bartley is a very tidy player and rarely flies into tackles without coming away with the ball at his feet; he struggled to adapt to the confines of the flat back-four and maintaining its shape. Unlike the replay on Wednesday, the team had no shape when defending; Gray & Stevenson shouldn't be left to cover at centre-half for long periods. McGinn had another game of hustling, bustling & tussling; as good as he was at dispossessing and holding onto the ball, he continuously released the ball to an opposition player. Shinnie had his standard game in a Hibs shirt: he waited, received the ball, tried to take the ball past a player, got dispossessed by that player - then repeated ad infinitum. He needs more time on the ball than he will usually get and isn't competent at creating space for himself. Shinnie was a passenger in a game that was desperate for players to contribute in defence.

Boyle is another player who tends to take the wrong option and can be too limited. He would be fantastic if matches were thirty minutes long or if someone else had control of his brain. Boyle is incredibly quick, but entirely predictable. After a half an hour of incessant pace to deal with, the fullback adjusted their game to deal with Boyle's runs a bit better. More often than not, Boyle had support behind him but persisted with driving at the opposition; he is a one-dimensional player that could vastly improve his game by looking up for the pass that is almost always available.

Once Plan A was gone, we looked flustered and floundered all over the pitch. When this happened some of the more 'clever' players lost their composure and became volatile hazards as the game began to slip away from them - players like Fyvie & Holt. The rest just drifted out of the game entirely or lagged behind a sharper Pars side.

There appeared to be no plan or preparation for the scenario of us losing another defender; the shape of the side dissolved when Fontaine took a knock and became jelly when Bartley was brought on as a centre-back. We were threadbare in options before the game and Dunfermline stretched us throughout, taking advantage of Fontaine's injury and Hibs' lackadaisical attempts to keep the ball or attack. They were well-drilled and deserved to win by a comfortable margin.

tl;dr
We defended as poorly as the dark days when we got relegated - which also involved a similar injury crisis to first-choice players such as James McPake and the 'available & selected' crisis of players like Ryan McGivern.

3 hours ago, Hawk said:

Brave, would you say that to me directly, I very much doubt it?

Anyway I wonder if Nicky's practicing his finishing today?

FTFY

Dunno, why don't you ask him?

Can't wait til you f**k off back to hearts tbh

So glad to see my pre-match pessimism proven wrong. So disappointed I wasn't there to see it in person; had to watch the game recorded later on on Saturday night. The #scenes at Higgy's goal left me utterly beelin' that I hadn't been in Edinburgh for a day on the beer watching the rugby before the fitba'. But hey ho.

At 2-0, I feared the worst. I thought the penalty, while soft, was the right call and while we could've defended better for their goals, I don't want to focus too much on that. Getting the goal back immediately was obviously crucial and, from then on, we produced a performance that exceeded expectations I had. I was worried we might be overrun in midfield but, instead, big Nat protected the backline (who overall played very well and kept their front two quiet) and the wide men were on song. 

We passed it well, were confident, played with a lot of poise and with no end of craft. Their keeper has saved them from a 4 or 5-2 loss, which is frustrating but also credit to the team for the way they played. Especially after going two down so early.

Really pleased with how we played and everyone put in a shift. I agree with PotM earlier; had Clark scored a goal, he'd have been a strong MoM contender. He was winning it in the air, bringing men into play and was a threat to the Hibs defence. That's what we want to see more of. He should've scored the header but overall had a good game.

I daresay Wednesday had an effect on Hibs but we deserve a lot of credit from that. We need to take that it into our next 3-4 games and if we do, we should be alright.

For the home team, keeper was excellent but probably not McGinn's best game. Don't really understand what Fyvie adds to them based on Saturday's game. Not a bad sign for Hibs though that, even when nowhere near their best, they managed to get something out of the game.

I still expect them to win the league comfortably.

3 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Everyone wants our drum.

Ours laddies let there's get stolen at Ibrox couple of seasons ago. They've got another.

I'd rather keep away from the noisy b*****ds.

Archived