Hibernian vs Dunfermline

On what I've seen, Dumfermline looked a country mile better than those three. You missed more chances in one wee spell than Raith have created against us all season and yet we haven't beaten them and have 7 points against Dumfermline. Find a way to be a bit more clinical and I'd say playoffs are a decent shout next year.

Sorry for pedantry and with a chance that you're doing it on purpose...we are DuNfermline.

You're welcome.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Sorry for pedantry and with a chance that you're doing it on purpose...we are DuNfermline.

You're welcome.

muggy.pngfuckme.pngQLFMjQU.pngQzWmbTZ.png

Obviously. Don't know how I made the same typo multiple times. Fraser Fyvie (the player, not the flames m9 poster) level performance from me.

1 hour ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Lennon getting all smug on Wednesday about his about his Al Pacino-like inspirational speech warnock.pngToday's performance is the least surprising thing of all time.

Fair play to Dunfermline, didn't do the usual park the bus effort that teams come to ER with. Came for a win and should have got one.

Stuck up for him when he was constantly getting criticised despite playing well but Fyvie has been absolute murder since coming back from injury. Scott Martin must be raging.

^ Just in case anything thinks I'm a genuine brain donor, rather than a dafty whose keyboard letters have worn off.

13 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Hibs keeper was insane kept them in the game. However not too unhappy with the point even if we could have got all three. Lennon talking about having only one CB fit is a bit odd surely the development team has at least two which could do a decent enough job at this level. Happy to keep pushing up the table away from the drop and towards more prize money.

EDIT to add that would be a great game to have on sportscene shame the gave up on the championship.

Not exactly a 'surely'. It's not like any u20s player could be dropped straight into the Scottish Championship and definitely be capable of playing at that level. I believe our u20s are doing well, so hopefully (I don't know because Lennon's never plays any of them) someone can do a job. Having four first team CBs out is clearly going to be an issue for anyone though.

I think one if not both of our u20s central defenders are out on development loans. Not sure how that affects them being able to play for our first team as they can still play for the 20s and their loan club. Crane at centre back on Wednesday unless Forster/Fontaine have recovered. 

Just watched the whole game on Iplayer. By f**k we had a right go. Some great chances in the second half. Bit disappointed we didn't win but still a decent result. Looking forward to Saturday now.

Oddly enough I think if we'd settled for a point after the equaliser Hibs would've won the game, possibly comfortably.

They really couldn't deal with us attacking them in numbers, albeit the 90 mins midweek against Hearts will have taken its  toll on Hibs. 

Hibs are a very decent side but I suspect if a few more sides were willing to have a go at Easter Road the league would be far more competitive than it is. As it is I'd imagine Hibs will be at least 12 points clear come the end of the season. 

Crawly bum lick.

Hibs are pretty much similar to what we were last season. Able to buy themselves the league and only one real contender who faded after the new year. We were able to raise our game for cup matches but when you go up you'll find a few players not up to it.

We had the league won by Christmas. Ayr's arse collapsed after that unlikely 2-1 away victory.

Usually Alba games are brutal shitfests but yesterday's game was brilliant. Gutted we didn't win. Really should have been 4 or 5-2 to us. Their keeper pulled off 3 amazing saves to keep us out.

Story of our season. If we had a stronger defence we'd be well clear of the relegation places but we're still lingering down there. Can't fault them too much yesterday. Thought Morris and Talbot were exceptional (the penalty was a dive). Talbot has been one of our consistent performers even though he lacks pace. That's probably the only side of things that lets him down.

Although I'm gutted we didn't win, at the end of the day, we were playing the league leaders away from home and managed to get a point after being 2-0 down early on. We should take that into our next run of games which we should all be winning imo. Well done Pars [emoji469]

I watched a bit of this and it amazes me this league. Outside of 20 minutes on Boxing Day Dunfermline have looked the worst team we have played. Yesterday they did look decent and Hibs back to the we only need to turn up attitude.

I watched a bit of this and it amazes me this league. Outside of 20 minutes on Boxing Day Dunfermline have looked the worst team we have played. Yesterday they did look decent and Hibs back to the we only need to turn up attitude.

That's the thing, I'd rather we played like that against teams like QotS, Dumbarton, Ayr & St Mirren than Hibs. A draw's a good result at ER. However, if we played like that against the teams I mentioned, we'd win and pull away from the teams below us (or in the case of QotS, gain some ground on them).

We have Dumbarton, QotS, St Mirren and Ayr in our next 4 games. And we will not play to the same level as we did yesterday, in any of those games. It's frustrating, but that's football for you!

Well that was utter shite. Very lucky to get a point yesterday, keeper kept us in it. Some genuinely horrible performances.

Well done to the Pars, best team I've seen at ER this season. Very positive all match and took the game to us. 

We've been lucky to keep it at 7 points clear the last few weeks, thankfully United are shite too.

No wonder we looked so knackered yesterday. Most of the players went out up town in Edinburgh after the Derby on Wednesday, had a day off on Thursday and did some light training on Friday :lol: Lenny is clueless allowing that to happen. 

17 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Don't know how you inferred that, cause I never said YOU did, but there have been a few in the crowd and on here wanting him changed.

show me where anyone has said they want AJ sacked.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Hawk is such a tosser. Nicky Clark had a really good game yesterday. If he'd scored he would have him n MOTM.

You may well think that of me and that's your perogative but the rest of your post oft.

Nicky ( I need six chances) Clark and even the mstch commentators were laughing at him in disbelief.

3 minutes ago, Hawk said:

You may well think that of me and that's your perogative but the rest of your post oft.

Nicky ( I need six chances) Clark and even the mstch commentators were laughing at him in disbelief.

Must've been fucking ragin watching that from the bench Gav.

32 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

show me where anyone has said they want AJ sacked.

Probably one of my posts tbh, I don't rate him that highly as a manager. However with our financial position I'm pretty fine with us not sacking him.

2 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Was a good assist by him for the first goal, both his efforts on goal were good, just a shame Marciano was having a worldy.

There's a video on facebook of a behind the goal cam from the double chance and the save from Marciano from the Moffat effort is simply incredible, likwise he then saves from Clark and it's by pure luck that it doesn't then rebound back in from Gray, fine margins.

Archived