Hibernian vs Dunfermline

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lennon getting all smug on Wednesday about his about his Al Pacino-like inspirational speech warnock.pngToday's performance is the least surprising thing of all time.

Fair play to Dunfermline, didn't do the usual park the bus effort that teams come to ER with. Came for a win and should have got one.

Stuck up for him when he was constantly getting criticised despite playing well but Fyvie has been absolute murder since coming back from injury. Scott Martin must be raging.

Dodgy start. Fantastic for last 70 minutes. Geggan more than made up for being caught out early on. McMullan, Higgy and Moffat were outstanding. On another day, Clark would have had a hat trick.

Don't understand why we didn't make subs. Hibs started to look the better team once they brought on Keatings and Crane. Could have lost near the end, but should have been ahead by then. Delighted with the point.

Lennon moaning about Higginbotham not being sent off. Not seen Fyvie's challenge again, but looked a straight red at the time. Fyvie also made an identical challenge to the one Higginbotham got away with, just minutes after Higgy's - again, no second booking. Both would have been very soft yellows. Ref was poor for both teams. Missed obvious fouls and gave petty ones. But then, he seemed to just walk around the middle of the park, really far away from the action. Didn't look fit enough to be refereeing a game.

Only real criticism I've had of AJ this season is his stubborn refusal to make use of his bench, especially in close games like that one, so many times this season we have been crying out for a change or some fresh legs and it either doesn't happen or happens too late to have any real impact on the game.

Only real criticism I've had of AJ this season is his stubborn refusal to make use of his bench, especially in close games like that one, so many times this season we have been crying out for a change or some fresh legs and it either doesn't happen or happens too late to have any real impact on the game.

Except Hamilton replay of course where he hooked 4 stick on pen takers?

AJ knows what he's doing, today making subs could have affected our momentum, which contrary to the tripe on here was still in the ascendency until the end of the game. Hibs were getting more demoralised the closer to time it got. Taking off one of our hardest working players/biggest threats may have given Hibs a lift.

Penalty was soft too. The pull on the shoulder is a pen by the letter of law, but throwing yourself down in a way which denies laws of physics is pretty poor. Not as bad as diving AT a player to get one though.

Hope Higgy can get his yellow rescinded.

3 injured centre backs and another suspended for next week eek.png
Emergency loan time? h83zAKO.png

The player Crane who came on had a good game I thought.

For the EEP game and when he got moved into centre midfield I'd say Bartley was your best player, massive fan of his.

Bit shit at centre back though.

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The player Crane who came on had a good game I thought.

For the EEP game and when he got moved into centre midfield I'd say Bartley was your best player, massive fan of his.

Bit shit at centre back though.

I always thought Crane was a LB. Did fine in the shapeless mess that is any Hibs game we're not winning after 70 minutes but yet to see if he's the answer over the next few weeks.

Bartley's clearly not a centre back and we were moderately less shite when he went into midfield for the worst player on the park, Fyvie. Bartley was good towards the end but there's something seriously wrong when he's the one skinning folk and driving forward in midfield.

How the f**k are Dumfermline 6th in this absolute gang of a league by the way? :lol: Can't be underestimated how below our level we were today but regardless, the Pars have played some great stuff in both the games at ER this season. Should have had 4 points from those two games at least.

Except Hamilton replay of course where he hooked 4 stick on pen takers?

AJ knows what he's doing, today making subs could have affected our momentum, which contrary to the tripe on here was still in the ascendency until the end of the game. Hibs were getting more demoralised the closer to time it got. Taking off one of our hardest working players/biggest threats may have given Hibs a lift.

Penalty was soft too. The pull on the shoulder is a pen by the letter of law, but throwing yourself down in a way which denies laws of physics is pretty poor. Not as bad as diving AT a player to get one though.

Hope Higgy can get his yellow rescinded.

He just doesn't like making subs tbh, fresh legs unlikely to give hibs a lift, game against st mirren was the most notable and frustrating example of a game crying out for a sub

He just doesn't like making subs tbh, fresh legs unlikely to give hibs a lift, game against st mirren was the most notable and frustrating example of a game crying out for a sub

...and it's his job that could be lost if he decides wrong.

But let's not do a Leicester on the fellow who brought us back from the seaside wilderness, eh?

...and it's his job that could be lost if he decides wrong.

But let's not do a Leicester on the fellow who brought us back from the seaside wilderness, eh?

did you read the part where i said "only real criticism"? i'm assuming not.

didn't even come close to saying i wanted him out, minter.

How the f**k are Dumfermline 6th in this absolute gang of a league by the way? [emoji38] Can't be underestimated how below our level we were today but regardless, the Pars have played some great stuff in both the games at ER this season. Should have had 4 points from those two games at least.

We're where we deserve to be, we haven't dealt with promotion particularly well, in the games we're on top in we struggle to win and games where we play badly and might scrape a draw we ultimately lose. For 50 minutes we played at our best, Hibs probably played their worst and yet we still didn't win, themz the breaks.

I don't think we're a million miles away from being a playoff side but then I'd imagine Qots, Raith and Dumbarton are saying similar.

Nicky Clarke should have buried that header at 2-2 he put it the only place the keeper could save it. I thought Dunfermline looked good, expansive attractive attacking football. It was interesting to hear Tam Mcmanus talk about Kallum Higginbotham tonight on Sportsound he just stopped short of calling him a p***k.  He said Higginbottham could start a fight in an empty room and loves a sulk. 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

We're where we deserve to be, we haven't dealt with promotion particularly well, in the games we're on top in we struggle to win and games where we play badly and might scrape a draw we ultimately lose. For 50 minutes we played at our best, Hibs probably played their worst and yet we still didn't win, themz the breaks.

I don't think we're a million miles away from being a playoff side but then I'd imagine Qots, Raith and Dumbarton are saying similar.

On what I've seen, Dumfermline looked a country mile better than those three. You missed more chances in one wee spell than Raith have created against us all season and yet we haven't beaten them and have 7 points against Dumfermline. Find a way to be a bit more clinical and I'd say playoffs are a decent shout next year.

Hibs keeper was insane kept them in the game. However not too unhappy with the point even if we could have got all three. Lennon talking about having only one CB fit is a bit odd surely the development team has at least two which could do a decent enough job at this level. Happy to keep pushing up the table away from the drop and towards more prize money.

EDIT to add that would be a great game to have on sportscene shame the gave up on the championship.

Archived