Hibernian vs Dunfermline

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Just the Hibees to win for my coupon. Please absolutely f**k this gang Hibs. Nerves settled early on if you don't mind.

1 hour ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

#Next

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Cheers lads. Might aswell knock flashscores off now and count my money.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Hi HiberniSons

Forgot to say congratulations on taking another step towards retaining the big cup, and papping out Edinburgh's diddy club in the process.

Please pump the Pars tonight for us.

Cheers x

1 hour ago, LondonHibsFan said:

Hi Dumbernian

Forgot to say congratulations for taking a point of Houston's gang earlier today.

Consider the Pars pumped.

Cheers x

IMG_2810.JPG

How was Marciano not man of the match by the way? He kept us in the game. 

McMullan got us back in the game after being completely out of it.

No point looking that deeply at the Hibs performance, they'll win the league comfortably this year, even then though they can't be expected to play at full tilt every week, they'll have their off weeks, from our perspective it's dissapointing we caught them on one and we didn't fully take advantage.

From a hibs point of view, only being 7 points ahead of 2nd is an absolute shambles, in terms of both budget and quality of players Hibs are miles ahead of anyone in this league, near enough every dropped point this season is purely down to not performing.

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

McMullan got us back in the game after being completely out of it.

No point looking that deeply at the Hibs performance, they'll win the league comfortably this year, even then though they can't be expected to play at full tilt every week, they'll have their off weeks, from our perspective it's dissapointing we caught them on one and we didn't fully take advantage.

True. From a Hibs point of view though, someone thought it best to give our motm to Boyle over him. Utterly baffling. 

We've performed very poorly in a shed load of games this season and are still 7 points clear. Any half decent side would've had us buried by now. We've given United a chance to claw it back in the last three/four games and they've fucked it every time. 

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

True. From a Hibs point of view though, someone thought it best to give our motm to Boyle over him. Utterly baffling. 

We've performed very poorly in a shed load of games this season and are still 7 points clear. Any half decent side would've had us buried by now. We've given United a chance to claw it back in the last three/four games and they've fucked it every time. 

Got to remember that generally the sponsor picks motm and gets to meet the player afterwards, seem to remember at lassie at East End picking BRE as motm after Moffat scored a brace/hat-trick.

This season should have been for hibs what last season was for us, should have been an utter cakewalk, league sewn up with 5+ games remaining and a few utter humpings thrown in for good measure, scraping 1-0 wins and losing leads against average mid-table teams will probably still be enough to see you up, but I'd be very worried about next season, a performance like that against a team like Aberdeen would have ended up a 4 or 5-2 loss.

Fantastic result against a really good hibs team. If we keep that form going we should comfortably stay in this league. That has been the one hope I've had for this season with anything else being a bonus. 

Hibs had a very lucky escape today, very lucky indeed. 

2 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Got to remember that generally the sponsor picks motm and gets to meet the player afterwards, seem to remember at lassie at East End picking BRE as motm after Moffat scored a brace/hat-trick.

This season should have been for hibs what last season was for us, should have been an utter cakewalk, league sewn up with 5+ games remaining and a few utter humpings thrown in for good measure, scraping 1-0 wins and losing leads against average mid-table teams will probably still be enough to see you up, but I'd be very worried about next season, a performance like that against a team like Aberdeen would have ended up a 4 or 5-2 loss.

I think the thinking hope is that we'll do enough to get up this season regardless. I genuinely think it's harder for us to play sides like Dunfermline and Ayr than the top flight sides. Our record against them in the cups reflect that. I think it's currently 12 games, 7 wins, 4 draws and a defeat since we've gone down.

Great second half display and we should have won. Hibs are rank rotten but will still win the league. A performance like that shows we should be nowhere near the bottom, just too many draws. We've only lost one game in the last few months.

Disappointed to see AJ not make any subs again. We were clearly tired but he didn't want to make a change. We're not far off a pretty decent side but are not there yet.

Archived