4 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Its hard to feel sorry for him when he is laughing about it on twitter.

Guess he really cared about his football career...

would tend to agree he has put up an apology but the rest seems to be him joking about to with his pals when in all seriousness its enough to end his career

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
would tend to agree he has put up an apology but the rest seems to be him joking about to with his pals when in all seriousness its enough to end his career

It's not sitting very well with me anyway. If that article about him having a problem was genuine I don't think he would be behaving the way he is on social media tonight or the way he was before this came out, maybe I'm just being synical though.

It's not sitting very well with me anyway. If that article about him having a problem was genuine I don't think he would be behaving the way he is on social media tonight or the way he was before this came out, maybe I'm just being synical though.

Nope agree had a few friends with addiction of different types and when confronted with it and when they got some help and realised just how bad things were the first the they said wasn't 'bantz' or having jokes with the 'ladz' all seems like his stuff in the papers was a bit of a sob story to make the authorities go easy on him.

15 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Putting his private issues to one side, what are the implications on the club ?  Do they incur a points deduction for all this ? 

Points addition I would say. Anyone agree?

3 hours ago, Lichtielegend said:

Having worked in the industry, I can safely say that gambling is rife in Scottish football and the players aren't particularly subtle when trying to hide it.

Not that it excuses it in any way, but  I have seen opposition squad players betting on games in the local bookies before kick off more than a few times over the years.

Not that it excuses it in any way, but  I have seen opposition squad players betting on games in the local bookies before kick off more than a few times over the years.

Same. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Unless they're betting against their own team...

It's a stupid rule. They should be allowed betting on any game in any league they're clubs not in imo.

Is it just me who doesn't think he is a dick for betting against his own team? If he's going out on the pitch to win the game for his club and using the bet as a small consolation for losing then I don't think it's so bad. I don't think he's betting against his side thinking "I hope we lose today."

Seems to be yourself n Berwick fans pulling stuff from his twitter a know that's what rival fans do [emoji23]

Still no idea what you mean to be honest.

Everyone's just giving their honest opinion on the situation. I called it Bullshit when the rumours first came out because of what I'd seen from his twitter.

From what I've saw from his twitter I like the guy, but that's not came into it when I've gave my opinion on what he's done.

Is it just me who doesn't think he is a dick for betting against his own team? If he's going out on the pitch to win the game for his club and using the bet as a small consolation for losing then I don't think it's so bad. I don't think he's betting against his side thinking "I hope we lose today."

Remember just how bad Cowden fans must have felt the last few years, then imagine knowing that a player who is supposedly Mr Cowdenbeath on the face of it is, is profiting from his own team getting beat and the awful situation...

6 hours ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Cowden fans over on Facebook genuinely appear to be on another planet. People are actually changing their profile pictures to a snap of him, whilst one page has actually started the hashtag #WeAreAllDeanBrett. Mental.

You are just a wee bit fucking obsessed.

Making homophobic comments against match officials and using social media to glorify and brag about your betting habits is beyond stupidity. To me the boy comes across as an arrogant arsehole who thinks he is above the law. I don't believe he is genuinely remorseful and is just saying what is expected of him to try and ease the situation rather than having any regret. His subsequent joking and laughing about the situation on social media would back this up.

In his defence it is perhaps hard to take this seriously in comparison to the tragedy that has touched his life but it doesn't make it acceptable behaviour.

He shouldn't play for the club again, that is crystal clear. In fact if it wasn't for his personal situation and the fact he was a fans favourite he would be hounded out the door. As for the complete muppets on Facebook setting him as their profile pic and making him into some kind of martyr, genuinely baffling behaviour.

What about his so-called mates, that are either nothing you would ever want as a friend, or too stupid, to stop encouraging him on social media; rather than being in a ring-side seat watching him ruin his career. With the irrationality of his behaviour, you have to worry in case he has one or two other dependencies. Needs a sensible friend/minder asap.

Who would seriously want to help him? 

The best thing the boy could've done was come clean and delete all social media that he had, but no he thinks everything is just a Fecking joke. 

If you bet against your team that you play with you shouldn't be playing football end off.

Nothing against putting a coupon on that's up to the individual but games involving your own team, that's just total disrespect to your club and supporters who pay your wages.

Archived