Dean is a good guy and so is his dad. Sure, he says stupid things on social media at times and the betting saga wasn't smart either, but if that's the worst he does in life, then I would say he's done more than ok.

Some people should remember that players are no different from the rest of us. If it was my son getting some of the stick he gets, I would come on and defend him and I am sure other parents would be the same. Parents watch their kids week in week out for years from a young age as they try to make it in the game and some of the stuff they have to listen to is way out of order. I would be proud to call Dean my son.

He is a decent player and was carrying a few injuries when he played last season, but he still battled on. Good luck to him whichever team he ends up at.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dean is a good guy and so is his dad. Sure, he says stupid things on social media at times and the betting saga wasn't smart either, but if that's the worst he does in life, then I would say he's done more than ok.
Some people should remember that players are no different from the rest of us. If it was my son getting some of the stick he gets, I would come on and defend him and I am sure other parents would be the same. Parents watch their kids week in week out for years from a young age as they try to make it in the game and some of the stuff they have to listen to is way out of order. I would be proud to call Dean my son.
He is a decent player and was carrying a few injuries when he played last season, but he still battled on. Good luck to him whichever team he ends up at.

By the sound of things you'd be proud to call him you're boyfriend too.

4 hours ago, Velazquez Blue said:

Of course, I expect there will always be those who are sad or twisted enough to get their kicks dwelling on the misfortunes of others and this thread exemplifies the scrapings of the bottom of that particular barrel

Except nobody's getting any kicks off his misfortune, unless you define getting caught as unfortunate. Some may well be getting a kick out his stupidity, but there's nobody to blame for that other than Brett himself.

That he had personal problems, played for your club or you may know him personally doesn't make him immune from criticism when he makes an arse of himself.

Perhaps him growing up and you drying your eyes would be the best course of action in this sorry affair.

6 hours ago, big al said:

About time this thread was closed please.

the lad doesn't even play in league 2 so no need for it, everything has been said.

Let's be honest, the reason you want the thread closed isn't because he no longer plays in League Two; it's because it makes for uncomfortable reading for you and the other Cowdenbeath fans.

I see no reason to close it. As long as Brett continues to put himself in the firing line by posting about the matter on social media after being told not to by Cowdenbeath as his end of the bargain when offered help, the thread is relevant.

If he got the head down and did what he was told this would eventually go away to the back of most folks' minds. 

Let's be honest, the reason you want the thread closed isn't because he no longer plays in League Two; it's because it makes for uncomfortable reading for you and the other Cowdenbeath fans.

I see no reason to close it. As long as Brett continues to put himself in the firing line by posting about the matter on social media after being told not to by Cowdenbeath as his end of the bargain when offered help, the thread is relevant.

If he got the head down and did what he was told this would eventually go away to the back of most folks' minds. 

It's not uncomfortable at all. The club dealt with it. He is not our player any more. It's getting boring now.

The club dealt with it and it is no longer an issue for the club. Of course people are stull going to talk about it though - if it were another team's player we would happily discuss it no problem. I see no issue with this, no one is revelling in his misfortunes it is discussion - which is what this board is about.

On another note, Dean has now served his ban and I hope he gets back into the SPFL next season.

Having a go at his dad is pretty sad though tbh. Of course he is going to defend his son.

If he does well for us then great. If he doesn't then it's a mistake. He's got a second chance and if he's got a good Manager to motivate him properly so if he buggers it up he knows what will happen. The fans will back him if he puts in a decent shift.

If he does well for us then great. If he doesn't then it's a mistake. He's got a second chance and if he's got a good Manager to motivate him properly so if he buggers it up he knows what will happen. The fans will back him if he puts in a decent shift.

The lad needs absolutely nobody to motivate him. He ran through brick walls for us.

8 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

The lad needs absolutely nobody to motivate him. He ran through brick walls for us.

Thanks for that. Good luck next season - hope somebody other than you or us finishes 10th next time and they can see how it feels.

So you're saying I'm lying on something you know absolutely nothing about?

Idiot well and truly found.

I know he was found guilty of betting against his own team.

I know Brett played in the Cowdenbeath that came to Stair Park and should of been fighting for their lives but gave a very lack lustre performance.

But I'm and idiot who knows nothing about it and shouldn't be giving an option on a forum at the risk of upsetting Cowdenbeath fans...

51 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

I know he was found guilty of betting against his own team.
I know Brett played in the Cowdenbeath that came to Stair Park and should of been fighting for their lives but gave a very lack lustre performance.
But I'm and idiot who knows nothing about it and should be giving an option on a forum at the risk of upsetting Cowdenbeath fans...

^^^ Word salad with extra cucumber.

Archived