• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, vince sinclair said:

Some of the banters been absolutely honking tho Muz

Absolutely, none of it worse than Jake and his LADbible style repartee (see below) but folk need to let it slide. Think of some of the slagging that has gone on on the terracing over the years!

14 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Down ye go 3 in a row x

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump this thread almost two months after its last post but I was having a nose around social media and it appears Dean Brett has started using his Twitter account again. He stopped using it for a couple of weeks but he's been tweeting sporadically since the start of May.

I thought this was strange because Cowdenbeath's open letter stated the club would continue to support him on the condition that, amongst other things, his Twitter account was shut down. Is this still the case? Furthermore, I noticed on Friday Brett tweeted: "Same thing as I done but far less punishment... fair" with a thumbs-up emoji in relation to Lewis Horner's suspended ban for betting. For someone who once tweeted "I'll accept what's given to me and get on with it" on 20 February, he no longer sounds contrite and, as a few of suspected at the time, he was only feeling remorseful because that's how you're supposed to feel in these situations. It stinks quite a bit.

Francesc 
Having watched the boy a good few times I don't understand all the hype. 
Betting aside, ability wise he's bang average, so what's all the fuss about.

A few years ago I was certain we'd lose Dean to a full time club. He was our best player as we fell out of the championship. Since his personal problems he's understandably not hit the same levels.

If the ICT player has done similar to Dean but gotten a much less severe punishment then I can see why hes annoyed!

3 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

A few years ago I was certain we'd lose Dean to a full time club. He was our best player as we fell out of the championship. Since his personal problems he's understandably not hit the same levels.

If the ICT player has done similar to Dean but gotten a much less severe punishment then I can see why hes annoyed!

I'm in agreement with the should be treated the same.

But at the same time Dean should have taken it on the chin and proved people wrong.

As you say he had a torrid time in his personal life and that undoubtedly effected him, but that's past and he has to move on and stop acting like a kid on social media for the world to see.

20 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I suppose you can say that Joey Barton done less and got a more severe punishment!

Just hope the boy can move on from all that's happened.

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Going by BBC articles Brett was charged with 2,787 bets on a total of 6,369 matches. This included 65 matches involving his own club and 8 bets on his own club to lose.

He received a 4-game ban with a further 3-games suspended subject to not reoffending, and another 4-game ban for offensive tweets.

Horner was charged with 355 bets. This included 1 match involving "a team from his own club".

He received an 8-game suspended ban subject to not reoffending and receiving "treatment, support or counselling".

1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Just seen that. They obviously read this place :lol:

Get it up you, Neil.

Neil's alright. He was at our games every week for years so becomes attached to the club and yes has been on here for years. Pretty normal, he was a fan aswell as a parent.

hes a father of a guy who has been to hell and back.

some of the dickhead comments on here from supposed smart arses would piss me off. 

Archived