• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Lichtielegend said:

Actually, do these rules not apply to all coaches and directors at a club too?

I just had a jolt to my memory from the time Ian Black got done. I checked loads of names on my firms database at the time and there was at least one League Two director who had bet against his own club.

How do you think Hearts are funding the stadium expansion? All part of the cunning plan from Mr L.

Poor old Foxy has had to take the grief knowing that he is really a tactical genius. Now the mission has been completed, he can unleash his mighty talent and watch as we win every game from now until the end of the season!

I am still going to bet against us, just in case I am wrong!

1 minute ago, Yellow Feet said:

Do Cowden need to offer you support too?

Poltroon, troll, stalker, grass.

You sir know what you are.

No more attention from me. 

In 2015...before I was on a pro contract[emoji106]????

It's a lot of shite anyway

If it's betting on teams in other leagues than the one a players playing in I don't see the problem? Even just making it so players playing in Scotland can't bet on Scottish games.

Don't understand why Dean Brett can't bet on a Barca v Madrid game or whatever seems mental. The way pundits have been going you'd think betting was a terrible thing to do, the interview with him made him sound like he had this massive problem, like it was some terrible drug he was hooked on.

If he wasn't a footballer nobody would bat an eyelid at his behaviour. It's typical of most people the same age. The 'addiction' stuff is a load of nonsense.

Only thing he's done wrong IMO is betting against Cowdenbeath.

Well Yellow Streak, good to see you're spending your time productively. 
I never realised that a quaint and backwater little town like Berwick held so many little pots of poison.
Good luck in your chosen mission to unearth ....eh, nothing really.

He may support Berwick but he's not a Berwicker. We aren't claiming him. Think he's central belt

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

It should be driven into them every week as some are known to have very short attention spans. 

Footballers are well aware they aren't allowed to bet and they still do it - it's been highly publicised for a couple of years at least now. If some of them are stupid enough to make it public knowledge then they deserve everything that's coming to them.

I would argue that Dean's "faggot" comment is probably enough for him to be sacked, never mind the fact he's bet on his team to lose on various occasions and is now laughing and joking about it online despite a full investigation taking place. I genuinely don't think there's a solution to the gambling thing in football, it comes down to players taking responsibility for their actions and as has been shown by this whole episode (and the many that have gone before it), footballers are fucking morons. If the SFA want to rid this from the game then they need to investigate everyone and give them heavy bans if they've broken the rules.  The current "we'll only act if it's brought to our attention and here's a 6 game ban if we do catch you" approach allows footballers a certain degree of leeway with a punishment which isn't exactly career ending or life changing. Precedent is set though, so they've fucked it for themselves.

Archived