Jump to content

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

 

 

I would imagine that it's taken as long as it has because they have to ensure that the correct procedures are followed so that there is no risk of him claiming for unfair/wrongful/constructive dismissal. It is very unlikely that this would happen as, should they choose to chuck him, they could say it was justified under conduct, "some other substantial reason" or if it's within the needs of the business for example. They've got to make sure they adhere to the ACAS code of practice too.

Based on the evidence though, it doesn't look too good for him. Judging by his recent proclamations of love for Cowden though, I assume that he's expecting to be punted.

Incidentally, I remember Michael Moffat being banned for 6 games, 2 suspended, for placing 7 bets, 6 involving his club. Did he bet for or against Ayr Utd? Just as a matter of interest, more than anything.

Moffat was betting on Ayr to win and taking himself as first scorer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I assume that 'no' means for Ayr United? Or he did neither?


No Moffat didn't do that. The only 2 players that have done it are Ian Black and Dean Brett.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

 


No Moffat didn't do that. The only 2 players that have done it are Ian Black and Dean Brett.

 

Aye, I did ask if it was 'for' or 'against' Ayr Utd and you said no. Wasn't entirely clear what you meant. All cleared up now.

Brett'll be a lucky boy if he manages to stay. The betting thing is bad enough but coupled with the slur against the assistant referee (as they like to be called), it might be enough to convince Cowden to boot him.

(cue a spate of Dean Brett profile pics and "DEEN BRET IZ INOCINT, SHRE IF U AGRE, IGNOR IF U R FRM LOCHGELY" type posts on Facebook if he does get booted)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luck for him he's not a cricket player... In 2012, the Pakistani cricketer Mohammed Amir, at the time one of the most promising young bowlers in the world, deliberately bowled two no-balls in a game against England, and was paid handsomely for doing so.  When it came to light, he served three months in a young offenders' institute, and was banned from professional cricket for five years. 

Now, that was fixing, rather than betting (albeit fixing that would have no practical impact on the outcome of the game), but I guess my point is that gambling is so tightly woven into sport, with such huge amounts of money sloshing around, and so many people willing to take advantage, that athletes need to have a bit of gumption as well as integrity.  Brett plainly has neither. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why don't you make yourself a big steaming mug of 'shut the f**k up' and ponder on how to act smart instead of acting like a smart arse.
Dribbling sanctimonious mess that you are.


That's a big word Dean, didn't realise you had it in you x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yellow Feet said:

 


That's a big word Dean, didn't realise you had it in you x

 

He's right though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

 

 

I would imagine that it's taken as long as it has because they have to ensure that the correct procedures are followed so that there is no risk of him claiming for unfair/wrongful/constructive dismissal. It is very unlikely that this would happen as, should they choose to chuck him, they could say it was justified under conduct, "some other substantial reason" or if it's within the needs of the business for example. They've got to make sure they adhere to the ACAS code of practice too.

Based on the evidence though, it doesn't look too good for him. Judging by his recent proclamations of love for Cowden though, I assume that he's expecting to be punted.

Incidentally, I remember Michael Moffat being banned for 6 games, 2 suspended, for placing 7 bets, 6 involving his club. Did he bet for or against Ayr Utd? Just as a matter of interest, more than anything.

I'm sure Michael Moffat was caught placing bets on him to score the 1st goal in a game or something like that. It was to do with him scoring anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
3 minutes ago, Yellow Feet said:

 


I'm right though. You don't see Steven Thomson betting against Berwick do you.

 

Say Yellow Streak, haven't you got more Twitter quotes sorted? You da man bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Well Yellow Streak, good to see you're spending your time productively. 

I never realised that a quaint and backwater little town like Berwick held so many little pots of poison.

Good luck in your chosen mission to unearth ....eh, nothing really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck in your chosen mission to unearth ....eh, nothing really.


I appear to have unearthed a second Cowden player at it

You'd really think they'd have spoke to the players. Defo not the brightest bunch in Cowden

8c92406c6a8f70177284da1f9f932548.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I appear to have unearthed a second Cowden player at it

You'd really think they'd have spoke to the players. Defo not the brightest bunch in Cowden

8c92406c6a8f70177284da1f9f932548.jpg


It's an addiction though it's ok.

#WeAreAllCharlieDenton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Yellow Feet said:

 


I appear to have unearthed a second Cowden player at it emoji102.png

You'd really think they'd have spoke to the players. Defo not the brightest bunch in Cowden emoji23.png

8c92406c6a8f70177284da1f9f932548.jpg

 

Please continue your good work and find some more who have bet illegally.

can I give you a list of specific players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Please continue your good work and find some more who have bet illegally.
can I give you a list of specific players?


What about Fox? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...