• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Aye close it even if it is just to stop those irritating Berwick lads wanking their tackle every time one of them trolls the thread.

I was going to, but I think just to get it right up you I'll leave it open. Absolute oddball.

ETA: Delete your account and I'll close it happily.

55 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Hatred?

Giving my view as a football supporter. I wouldn't say I hate anyone within football.

But surely you see he has to face his punishment.

You stated Dean had a lot of hatred. Ridiculous. Yes, he deserves to be punished by the SFA for betting on football as it is plainly not permitted.

In the letter, wasn't one of the conditions to delete his social media accounts should he wish the club to give him the support he needs? I know he wants to thank the fans but it might have been prudent to have shut it late last night after leaving his 'thank you' status up for a few hours for everyone to see - unless he intends on doing it later on tonight when his employment is officially terminated.

On 24/02/2017 at 21:01, CowdenFC said:

Too many things handled wrongly imo that guys like yourself won't know about.Dean has done wrong simple but deserves a chance to explain himself more than has been allowed.Really angry that a letter sent to him has been published on the club website for a start.

I've got to say, I was a wee bit surprised to see that letter published, I feel the club could've said that they've offered Dean the help he needs but with some conditions without posting the full letter for all to see. Having said that, I don't disagree with anything the Cowdenbeath board have said and they have acted correctly throughout.

On 24/02/2017 at 22:45, CowdenFC said:

Just realised folk thought I was on about some scam.Would laugh if this was not so serious. You are spot on, and the worrying thing for me is Dean can't remember putting these bets on.

I appreciate you're obviously close to Dean, but I'm not sure the "I don't even remember making these bets" defence holds any water here - he was in the Sun saying he only bet against Cowdenbeath against big teams like Rangers, so how can he "not remember" them when he's openly talking about what games he placed the bets in? It's an age old defence for someone who can't explain their actions.

He's been offered excellent help now though and I hope he takes Cowdenbeath up on their offer.

He said he'd been betting against his own team. As they'd lost 7 out of their last 8 games although he was now unemployed he must have plenty of dosh in the bank!
He then apologised!

Wouldn't want to have been near Aberdeen Cowden when he heard this.

Archived