59 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

I would imagine that it's taken as long as it has because they have to ensure that the correct procedures are followed so that there is no risk of him claiming for unfair/wrongful/constructive dismissal. It is very unlikely that this would happen as, should they choose to chuck him, they could say it was justified under conduct, "some other substantial reason" or if it's within the needs of the business for example. They've got to make sure they adhere to the ACAS code of practice too.

Based on the evidence though, it doesn't look too good for him. Judging by his recent proclamations of love for Cowden though, I assume that he's expecting to be punted.

Incidentally, I remember Michael Moffat being banned for 6 games, 2 suspended, for placing 7 bets, 6 involving his club. Did he bet for or against Ayr Utd? Just as a matter of interest, more than anything.

Moffat was betting on Ayr to win and taking himself as first scorer. 

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No Moffat didn't do that. The only 2 players that have done it are Ian Black and Dean Brett.

Aye, I did ask if it was 'for' or 'against' Ayr Utd and you said no. Wasn't entirely clear what you meant. All cleared up now.

Brett'll be a lucky boy if he manages to stay. The betting thing is bad enough but coupled with the slur against the assistant referee (as they like to be called), it might be enough to convince Cowden to boot him.

(cue a spate of Dean Brett profile pics and "DEEN BRET IZ INOCINT, SHRE IF U AGRE, IGNOR IF U R FRM LOCHGELY" type posts on Facebook if he does get booted)

Luck for him he's not a cricket player... In 2012, the Pakistani cricketer Mohammed Amir, at the time one of the most promising young bowlers in the world, deliberately bowled two no-balls in a game against England, and was paid handsomely for doing so.  When it came to light, he served three months in a young offenders' institute, and was banned from professional cricket for five years. 

Now, that was fixing, rather than betting (albeit fixing that would have no practical impact on the outcome of the game), but I guess my point is that gambling is so tightly woven into sport, with such huge amounts of money sloshing around, and so many people willing to take advantage, that athletes need to have a bit of gumption as well as integrity.  Brett plainly has neither. 

2 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

I would imagine that it's taken as long as it has because they have to ensure that the correct procedures are followed so that there is no risk of him claiming for unfair/wrongful/constructive dismissal. It is very unlikely that this would happen as, should they choose to chuck him, they could say it was justified under conduct, "some other substantial reason" or if it's within the needs of the business for example. They've got to make sure they adhere to the ACAS code of practice too.

Based on the evidence though, it doesn't look too good for him. Judging by his recent proclamations of love for Cowden though, I assume that he's expecting to be punted.

Incidentally, I remember Michael Moffat being banned for 6 games, 2 suspended, for placing 7 bets, 6 involving his club. Did he bet for or against Ayr Utd? Just as a matter of interest, more than anything.

I'm sure Michael Moffat was caught placing bets on him to score the 1st goal in a game or something like that. It was to do with him scoring anyway.

3 minutes ago, Yellow Feet said:

I'm right though. You don't see Steven Thomson betting against Berwick do you.

Say Yellow Streak, haven't you got more Twitter quotes sorted? You da man bro

Well Yellow Streak, good to see you're spending your time productively. 

I never realised that a quaint and backwater little town like Berwick held so many little pots of poison.

Good luck in your chosen mission to unearth ....eh, nothing really.

12 minutes ago, Yellow Feet said:

I appear to have unearthed a second Cowden player at it emoji102.png

You'd really think they'd have spoke to the players. Defo not the brightest bunch in Cowden emoji23.png

8c92406c6a8f70177284da1f9f932548.jpg

Please continue your good work and find some more who have bet illegally.

can I give you a list of specific players?

Archived