Queens v Raith Rovers

28 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Grant Anderson is pish. His crossing is absolutely abysmal and your lucky if he scores twice in a year at this level. The best thing Gary locke done was not offering him another contract. I was surprised qots even signed him in the first place

Grant Anderson will always be fondly remembered for his cup goal against Hibs.

hGxxcDv.gif

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

but when the only positive thing you can say about a winger is 'he was good in the air' that says it all

Well his aerial ability was just one of his strengths I felt. Seen many scenarios where he'd beat a man for pace and had a bit of skill about him to get past a man. Maybe he wasn't blessed with scoring many goals but neither is the bulk of our team at present nor have we really had anyone that scores a decent amount from that position in a long time. 

13 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Well when was the last time he had a good Game? He hasn't scored in the league since the first Derby and it's not like he is creating chances left right and centre. All my Rovers supporting mates think he is a stick on for player of the year. Crackpots

M'Voto is our player of the year, by a considerable distance. Benedictus and maybe Cuthbert would also receive 'good' ratings. Taking defenders out of the equation though, Bobby Barr has been our best player. So it's not a ridiculous shout. It's easy to underestimate how terrible we've been this season.

Speaking of which, I don't see us winning this. Maybe it's because I missed Saturday but I'm not feeling the optimism. Fifteen without a win will do that to anyone, I guess. Defeat here before we calm the panic with a win midweek at Ayr, for me. 

Personally I think GA would make an excellent right back or right wing back.

Pacy, strong, committed and good in air. If he moved back game would be in front of him and that would help him as for me he doesn't have enough trickery and ability for winger in modern game.

David Smith at Dumbarton has recently converted to full back from winger and his playing well.Think GA would make it at RB but will struggle as winger.

4 hours ago, RR #1 said:

Grant Anderson is pish. His crossing is absolutely abysmal and your lucky if he scores twice in a year at this level. The best thing Gary locke done was not offering him another contract. I was surprised qots even signed him in the first place

who would you rather have Grant Anderson or Chris Johnston ?

at least Anderson can head the ball 

20 minutes ago, Ancient Mariner said:

who would you rather have Grant Anderson or Chris Johnston ?

at least Anderson can head the ball 

Chris Johnston. I know he has been pretty useless so far but we definitely haven't seen the best of him and we can atleast be hopeful the new manager gets more out of him. We saw the best of Anderson. His hitting crosses into the north/south stand time after time was utterly infuriating. Think also you are all remembering him being better in the air than he actually was because of his height and that one goal. Other than the Hibs game did he ever score another header? 

Chris Johnston. I know he has been pretty useless so far but we definitely haven't seen the best of him and we can atleast be hopeful the new manager gets more out of him. We saw the best of Anderson. His hitting crosses into the north/south stand time after time was utterly infuriating. Think also you are all remembering him being better in the air than he actually was because of his height and that one goal. Other than the Hibs game did he ever score another header? 

:lol:

Give it a rest mate. Anderson was a brilliant servant for the Rovers. The only thing that let him down was his end product. If he had that, he would have been playing in the premiership for sure. He had pace, was excellent in the air, could beat a man with ease, His work rate and effort were second to none. His crossing is quite poor, which is why he was playing in this league and not the premiership. Chris Johnston on the other hand will be playing for East Fife within a year or 2.

I agree Anderson was a great servant to the club and he did always give his best but he lacked quality was infuriating to watch at times Your claim he beat men with ease however is laughable.

Chris Johnston has only played half a season for us under an absolute clown of a manager and before that was out of the game for a year. He looked a good prospect at Kilmarnock before his injury. Give the boy a chance. 

Oh and where is Anderson playing now? For a team that's lost 3 times to East Fife this season :))

I agree Anderson was a great servant to the club and he did always give his best but he lacked quality was infuriating to watch at times Your claim he beat men with ease however is laughable.
Chris Johnston has only played half a season for us under an absolute clown of a manager and before that was out of the game for a year. He looked a good prospect at Kilmarnock before his injury. Give the boy a chance. 
Oh and where is Anderson playing now? For a team that's lost 3 times to East Fife this season :))

Chris Johnston may go on to be better for us than Grant Anderson. He may also go on to have a better career than him, but I've seen nothing from him so far to suggest that that will be the case.

Archived