Ayr v St Mirren (the big one)

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I pretty much agree with that although I think we have to go for it from the first whistle, think Falkirk away a few years ago when we had to win. I'd be tempted to use the team that finished the game v TNS. I haven't been that impressed with Storie tbh, I know he does a lot of the dirty work that goes unnoticed but I think he slows down our play and is caught out of position a lot. We need to start this one at 100mph. McCall will be delighted to get a point again and keep the gap the way it is. I don't think we should be waiting till we are a goal down to do anything, we can't give Ayr a lead to hang on to.
Only position that would appear to be up for grabs would be Magennis's though, I thought he had a great second half, like everyone, against TNS but I can't see JR having Loy and Smith on the bench. 

Why would we or McCall possibly be delighted with a point....

Post says there are big fitness worries bout mcdade n crawford

f**k. One of our weakest positions.

5-3-2 anyone?

We've got ample options for centre back, devlin and boyle, Cairney, Adams and harkins (allowed to wander out wide whenever) and farid and Moore up top.

Fleming

Devlin Balatoni Meggatt Boyle

Crawford Wardrope Adams McDaid

Moore Farid

However since Crawford and McDaid are doubts they won't play, when was the last time McCall risked a player?

Fleming

Devlin Balatoni Meggatt Boyle

Wardrope Adams Cairney

Moore Farid Forrest/McGuffie

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Exactly, St Mirren happy for a point to not lose any ground IMO 

You will struggle to find a single Saints fan sharing that opinion. This is our last stand a total must win game. Draw and Susan Boyle's and Michelle McManus' of this world will be clearing their throats. We look better and are probably playing better than we were before any of the previous games this season so we should come with nothing to fear but you won't see us playing for a point, that's far more likely to be Ayr's approach.

You will struggle to find a single Saints fan sharing that opinion. This is our last stand a total must win game. Draw and Susan Boyle's and Michelle McManus' of this world will be clearing their throats. We look better and are probably playing better than we were before any of the previous games this season so we should come with nothing to fear but you won't see us playing for a point, that's far more likely to be Ayr's approach.

And again, why would we possibly be playing for a point.

Because the game is a must win for us and a must not lose for Ayr.

You're right

But there is no way we will play for a point. McCall has said he wouldn't be happy with 9th and personally I'd hate to go through a play off as there is no guarantee we'd stay up.

You're right

But there is no way we will play for a point. McCall has said he wouldn't be happy with 9th and personally I'd hate to go through a play off as there is no guarantee we'd stay up.

No guarantee we'd stay up?

A 1 in 4 chance, and I'd say that's just about right when you considering the confidence levels.

Archived