Ayr v St Mirren (the big one)

35 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Out of interest, what do Ayr fans think of Harkins? I've seen Ayr 4 times this year and he's done nothing in every game, far too lazy off the ball. Always thought he was a skillful player who could produce a bit of magic at times but a luxury player that can't be afforded at this level.

Subbed 1-0 down to Hibs after 65 mins having a mare and we win 2-1

Subbed at 2-2 after 77 mins having a mare (not entirely his own fault) and we come back to draw 2-2. 

Conclusion, guaranteed to score 2 and concede 0 every time he isnt on the park. 

Spoiler

It's hard to say.  Id like to see us without him for more than 15 minutes & chasing a game to have a real idea.  

Im not overly impressed but he has had a hand in pretty much every goal he had been on the park for.  

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We SHOULD be winding each other up ,but the constant neg repping by you and your cronies makes it a pretty joyless and depressing experience

Check if you like but I'm pretty sure I've made about 2 posts recently other than this one on St Mirren related threads. The problem is you can dish it out but can't take it. Good. [emoji2]

Absoulotely massive game for both team. Win this and I can't see St.Mirren catching us however lose it and we are deep in the shit. We haven't won a league match since the end of October so we really need to get that monkey off our back Asap.

We'll have Doc suspended for this and Crawford and McDaid will be injury worries but presuming both are fit I'd go:

Fleming, Boyle, Meggat, Balatoni, Devlin, McDaid, Cairney, Adams, Harkins, Moore, El Alagui

Subs- Hart, McKenna, Gilmour, Crawford, Rose,  Forrest, McGuffie

Game to finish 1-1 and Ayr fans not sure whether to take that as a good result. 

----------------------------Fleming---------------------------
Devlin---------Balatoni-------------Meggatt--------Boyle
---------------------------Adams-----------------------------
-------------Harkins-------Wardrope------Cairney----------
----------------------Moore-------El Alagui-------------------

Assuming Crawford & McDaid are still injured. Let Adams sit deep and use the full backs for width.

6 hours ago, placidcasual said:

To be fair, we've also not won a game since pussy was a kitten.

Ken mate but I think there's too much Glaswegian got into the gene pool. We were never a negative race. We've had a bad time of it for a long time agreed but going to Somerset on Saturday with a chance to effectively relegate these junkies and this is the build up. They'll come in bouncing like it's a cup final and we'll be standing against crush barriers waiting to moan. Rips my tights 

Play either Cairney or Harkins on Saturday, not both. Save one of them for Tuesday, they can't handle two games in four days. Already shown against QOS & Clyde the team can't handle two games in a week, McCall has to change it up some.

oh i can take it big time as well as give it out,shame you and your cronies resort to neg repping when someone gives as good as he gets.Now run along back 
to the mutant forum and stay there,

Says the man who er...takes to neg repping. You're a strange one, kanye. I'll leave you to it now, will pop back in here after Saturday to see how many Fuddies travelled. That's all that matters. Toodleoo.

Adams and Cairney played together in the middle between the red card and half time on Saturday and McCall was sufficiently unhappy to introduce Rose at that stage and shift Cairney back out wide. Would be surprised if he went back to that pairing soon.

Adams and Cairney played together in the middle between the red card and half time on Saturday and McCall was sufficiently unhappy to introduce Rose at that stage and shift Cairney back out wide. Would be surprised if he went back to that pairing soon.

If Rose and Adams are in the middle together we might as well go home.

I didn't notice that tbf. Very good point.

I thought rose came on just to bolster things but you're right, cairney went out where harkins was.

Yikes. Hopefully it was just as case of having to get harkins off rather than cairney not doing the job.

O'Brien

Demetriou    Davis    Mckenzie     Eckersley

Storrie

Magennis     Mcginn        Mallan     Morgan

Sutton

Would like to see something like this team, not sure if Mckenzie is fit, if not then Baird will likely play. If we go a goal down and need to go for it we can take Storrie off and put on Cammy Smith or Rory Loy.

6 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

O'Brien

Demetriou    Davis    Mckenzie     Eckersley

Storrie

Magennis     Mcginn        Mallan     Morgan

Sutton

Would like to see something like this team, not sure if Mckenzie is fit, if not then Baird will likely play. If we go a goal down and need to go for it we can take Storrie off and put on Cammy Smith or Rory Loy.

I pretty much agree with that although I think we have to go for it from the first whistle, think Falkirk away a few years ago when we had to win. I'd be tempted to use the team that finished the game v TNS. I haven't been that impressed with Storie tbh, I know he does a lot of the dirty work that goes unnoticed but I think he slows down our play and is caught out of position a lot. We need to start this one at 100mph. McCall will be delighted to get a point again and keep the gap the way it is. I don't think we should be waiting till we are a goal down to do anything, we can't give Ayr a lead to hang on to.

Only position that would appear to be up for grabs would be Magennis's though, I thought he had a great second half, like everyone, against TNS but I can't see JR having Loy and Smith on the bench. 

6 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I pretty much agree with that although I think we have to go for it from the first whistle, think Falkirk away a few years ago when we had to win. I'd be tempted to use the team that finished the game v TNS. I haven't been that impressed with Storie tbh, I know he does a lot of the dirty work that goes unnoticed but I think he slows down our play and is caught out of position a lot. We need to start this one at 100mph. McCall will be delighted to get a point again and keep the gap the way it is. I don't think we should be waiting till we are a goal down to do anything, we can't give Ayr a lead to hang on to.

Only position that would appear to be up for grabs would be Magennis's though, I thought he had a great second half, like everyone, against TNS but I can't see JR having Loy and Smith on the bench. 

Yeh I see your point, and to be fair I've seen enough of Ayr this year to know we shouldn't be giving them too much respect. Think if we play with a sitting midfielder though it'll drag Mallan and McGinn too deep, Mallan in particular is much better when given the freedom to play further up the park.

The last time Rose & Adams started together, we were 3-0 down after 30 mins at home to Morton and Rose was hooked at half time. I don't think McCall will be stupid enough to repeat his mistake. I'd like to see (assuming they're all fit) ;

Fleming
Devlin Balatoni Meggatt Boyle
Crawford Adams Cairney McDaid
Moore
Farid

Perhaps I'm being controversial but I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Harkins dropped. I'd like to see Moore & Farid as a pairing and don't think we can afford to carry Harkins out wide in a game like this. IIRC, St Mirren have some decent wide players (Morgan?) and Devlin will likely need a hand. Also might give him the kick up the @rse he needs, his performances have been dwindling of late.

Archived