The Wheel vs The Rock: The 3rd Chapter

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I'd be amazed if Falkirk don't win by 2 or 3. Dumbarton are a team that flatter to deceive, they will end up in the bottom 3 by the end of the season.

You're getting as bad with us as half the Morton fans are with St Mirren.

I mean we felt that sorry for you we let you have a point in sympathy because your team put on one of the most pathetic displays we have seen in years.

8 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

You're getting as bad with us as half the Morton fans are with St Mirren.

I mean we felt that sorry for you we let you have a point in sympathy because your team put on one of the most pathetic displays we have seen in years.

Really not sure that you should highlight the fact that you failed to beat a team who "put on one of the most pathetic displays we have seen in years".

On 19/02/2017 at 11:38, Sonsteam of 08 said:

We're better away from home this season, so I'm quite glad it's an away game.

Results over the season suggest otherwise unless we are talking performance against points.

Dumbarton of late to me are a team that will surprise a few teams at home and have done, I just hope and feel that my feeling is a-ok this Saturday, tho the dreaded last game of the season at Dumbarton is a slight worry, if we both need results.

Id guess Dumbarton are the only team not to have had consecutive wins under their belt this season so far which shows how bad St Mirren have been. I'm guessing this season as a Dumbarton fan isn't as rosy as previous seasons.

Early goal is the key in these games, hopefully a quick set piece goal then build. 

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Id guess Dumbarton are the only team not to have had consecutive wins under their belt this season so far which shows how bad St Mirren have been. I'm guessing this season as a Dumbarton fan isn't as rosy as previous seasons.

There's been some pretty low points aye, but IMO we've been a bawhair away from being comfortable (league position wise) pretty much all season. We've drawn too many games at home this year for my liking but our away form has certainly improved since last season. 8th is our aim and we're sitting above that at the moment so we can't complain too much.

4 of our next 5 games are away from home though so it'll be tough going throughout March. It's been a month which has seen us really pick up form over the last 3 or 4 seasons so I'm hopeful we can do it again.

22 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Results over the season suggest otherwise unless we are talking performance against points.

Dumbarton of late to me are a team that will surprise a few teams at home and have done, I just hope and feel that my feeling is a-ok this Saturday, tho the dreaded last game of the season at Dumbarton is a slight worry, if we both need results.

Early goal is the key in these games, hopefully a quick set piece goal then build. 

Low fuckin blow.

Absolutely not on IMO.

Given McKee has missed a couple of weeks now I'm assuming his injury is worse than first thought? I'd bring Baird back in if he's fit but would still like to see Austin given a good 30 minutes. Important to pick up the 3 points here with Dundee United playing Morton and Hibs not kicking off til 5.15

Rogers

Muirhead Watson Grant Leahy

Craigen Taiwo Sibbald Hippolyte

Baird BSLM

Subs: Thompson, Kidd, Gasparotto, Kerr, Aird, Austin, McHugh

Crowd 4,355

44 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I had a quick glance at the home/away form table, and it kind of confirms what I felt. I'll structure it out neatly below:
Home

P14 W3 D6 L5 GF12 GA17

Away

P11 W3 D2 L6 GF18 GA21

This season has been an improvement on last year in my opinion, despite the statistics looking a bit miserable. Last season we started on fire, turned rancid, put together a wee run, went very rancid and then Nade kept us up. That was summed up in the game at the Rock (1-1) that was on Alba with you guys. We had two goals wrongly disallowed, yet scored an injury time penalty to grab a point despite being down to ten men. A week later we got pumped 6-0 at Palmerston. Nobody was even that surprised.

We went on a run from December 19th until May 1st without scoring a goal away from home, and played the most horrific hoofball known to man. After the Bonnyrigg tie Stevie changed his tactics completely, and we started actually looking as if we wanted to win game. We started scoring goals which is always nice and, although we're conceding more, it's far more enjoyable to watch.

The switch in tactics was followed by the arrival of Stuart Carswell who allowed us to switch formation. Since he's came in we've seen Stanton and, in particular, Stirling really blossom which has given us a bit of cutting edge in the final third. Him and Sparky have sat and done the dirty work, whilst the attacking lads now have the freedom to roam more.

All that being said I have no idea how we'll do on Saturday. I'm neither confident nor dreading it. I'd imagine it'll be tight either way, 2-1/3-2 or something - although we seem to love a 2-2 draw this season, so I'd be quite pleased with that!

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

To be perfectly honest, since we had the cup disaster I have enjoyed watching us more than I have for the last couple of years (since Murray's second season where we finished 5th). Especially since just before Christmas we have put some very good performances in. The only concern is that we haven't just a couple more points to show for it, which of course could be the difference between us surviving or not this season. But I am enjoying watching us over the last couple of months.

53 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Looks like we've got the stand behind the goal for this. Yas. Back in the big time.

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=2887

God knows why we're wasting money paying for stewarding etc in the North Stand when the whole crowd could easily be accommodated in the other two stands. Unless of course we've got another free ticket initiative for the North stand like we had a few weeks back of course.

Archived