Irn-Bru Cup Final - Dundee United vs St Mirren

lionel hutz

Final Venues  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Granny Danger said:

You're an Aberdeen supporter.  How would you feel about Aberdeen winning this cup?  Thruthfully now.

I doubt we're going to be in a position to win it any time soon. Why wouldn't I celebrate my team winning a cup, of any kind?

2 minutes ago, Menzel said:

I doubt we're going to be in a position to win it any time soon. Why wouldn't I celebrate my team winning a cup, of any kind?

Yeah you're deliberately avoiding the question.  Fair enough.

We squandered too many good chances in the first half and then just never turned up in the 2nd half. 

It would have been nice to win it, but I can't say I'm devastated that we didn't.

I thought United deserved it on their second  half showing.

That Andreu is some player. That was some goal.

I'm glad it's out the way now and we can turn our attention to what actually matters now.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah you're deliberately avoiding the question.  Fair enough.

I'm not, though, unless you think that a "cup of any kind" doesn't also include the Challenge Cup. Aberdeen are not in a position to compete for the cup - I don't think it's particularly optimistic to suggest that we won't be in a position to contest it any time in the immediate future. If we were to get relegated, and win it, I would celebrate it - I celebrate when my team wins games and competitions. You don't?

Congratulations to Utd on winning the cup. Proud of my team despite the result. Thought the Saints fans were superb today. Dust ourselves down and we go again next week. COYS![emoji209][emoji209][emoji209][emoji209]

38 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Probably in a small minority here but I thought that second half was disgraceful even though the league is what matters. We should have been a couple up at half time but United dominated the rest without actually playing that well.

I know it's only the Challenge Cup but ramming a fucked McKenzie up front and bringing on a random U20 player instead of Stelios was laughable from Jack Ross. We actually had 5 players standing at the half way line while United were in our box! No idea why loads of folk stayed to clap that inept shite or why the manager ended up treating it as a friendly.

Nope mate I agree 100% thought we were woeful second half .Don't know what Jack Ross .Chick Young and Allan Preston were watching they all thought we were the better team throughout the game .

Probably in a small minority here but I thought that second half was disgraceful even though the league is what matters. We should have been a couple up at half time but United dominated the rest without actually playing that well.

I know it's only the Challenge Cup but ramming a fucked McKenzie up front and bringing on a random U20 player instead of Stelios was laughable from Jack Ross. We actually had 5 players standing at the half way line while United were in our box! No idea why loads of folk stayed to clap that inept shite or why the manager ended up treating it as a friendly.

Maybe a bit OTT but I agree on the second half. Bell didn't have a save to make and we seemed reluctant to shoot - summed up by Morgan in the last few seconds.

The lack of subs was weird. Would have had Stelios on as well as a couple of the young lads - if nothing else, their fresh legs would have caused a few problems.

I stayed behind to clap at the end and have no problem with folk who did.

For the dominance St.Mirren had in the first half it was a totally inept second 45. We are a team that is there for the taking if you put us under enough pressure so it was baffling that we ended up with little or no danger to deal with.

It is a cup that teams (especially those relegated) might not want to be in but you would hope that winning it gives you a lift. The scenes at the end showed that the players looked pretty relieved and that will maybe give them a bit more confidence going in to the last few league matches. 

Didn't manage to see the game? After all the deliberations. how did the choice of venue work out? Much of a crowd?

Just over 8,000. It would have been a bit more if the ground was more central but to be honest the Fir Park pitch was absolutely outstanding.

Well not the most overjoyed I've ever been attending and winning a cup final but thank fook we did win it. Saints should have been a few up at half time but Tony Andreus goal [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] well played saints supporters, gave yer team great backing unlike us. Now back to league duty and hopefully this gives us the lift to push on for the promotion push.

Beaten by a more streetwise United team who were well lead by Willo Flood who did what he was there to do, make the necessary fouls with the minimum of fuss. Got straight back up when he was hit in the face by the ball close to full-time when he could've spent a good minute plus rolling around then getting treated, fair play to him -  my MotM.

The real cringe here is that Sevco and thier fans probably celebrated this more enthusiastically than the Arabs.

At least United fans were rightly giving it the measured enthusiasm it deserves.

Still, Sevco took 4 (FOUR) attempts to win it so maybe that's why it meant more. 

1 hour ago, Karl Fletcher said:

The real cringe here is that Sevco and thier fans probably celebrated this more enthusiastically than the Arabs.

At least United fans were rightly giving it the measured enthusiasm it deserves.

Still, Sevco took 4 (FOUR) attempts to win it so maybe that's why it meant more. 

Correct.

We did it in half as many attempts as they did,

Archived