On the Trail of the Scottish Holy Grail - OUT NOW!

#THsGh

Just about finished reading through the book and it is certainly a very good read and really captures the spirit of what Junior football is all about. Found a few minor errors but only to be expected when Shaun had only a few hours at each club and perhaps it was incorrect information being given to him.

Also it could have done with some independant proof reading but again it is a very good effort from a first time author trying to get the book out against a deadline. I have to admit that my own first publication suffered from the same flaws, and shock horror, it even had POLLOK spelled wrongly throughout the book, unforgiveable!

However these things do not in any way detract from my enjoyment in reading it and would recommend that every serious junior follower should buy a copy.

26 minutes ago, garrellburn said:

Just about finished reading through the book and it is certainly a very good read and really captures the spirit of what Junior football is all about. Found a few minor errors but only to be expected when Shaun had only a few hours at each club and perhaps it was incorrect information being given to him.

Also it could have done with some independant proof reading but again it is a very good effort from a first time author trying to get the book out against a deadline. I have to admit that my own first publication suffered from the same flaws, and shock horror, it even had POLLOK spelled wrongly throughout the book, unforgiveable!

However these things do not in any way detract from my enjoyment in reading it and would recommend that every serious junior follower should buy a copy.

Thanks. Please copy and paste this review onto Amazon reviews. But obviously leave out the minor errors bit. :-)

Aye, noticed a couple of spelling mistakes and stuff but hardly the end of the World. Yer man's enthusiasm for the task at hand more than redeems the publication. 

Got a similar book for Christmas a few years back where it was 2 old boys going around visiting Junior derbies with their bus passes, except they didn't go to the games half the time. It was a weird effort and this was much better I thought.

ETA a link in case anyone wants it - https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Books/Mud-Sweat-Beers-John-Mackay/0957025246/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1488349886&sr=8-3&keywords=mud+sweat+and+beers

Archived