Maryhill Fc v Linlithgow Rose in the cup

mrcat1990

bringing that auld SHITE up again are we.

I've never brought it up before. Talk about paranoid... Given your angry reaction, it's telling the (hose) lengths your club will go to to get a game called off when you've a big injury list and the opposition are on form. Was it yourself who was out with the hose flooding the park the night before?

ETA: Why did you change your username from Lithgyrose when your team went downhill? Embarrassed? Glory hunter?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Boomtown Boy said:

how many times is it allowed to be called off before the SJFA force a neutral venue with maybe all weather pitch? can they force that at all?

There is no number-of-times rule in the Junior Cup.

When Blantyre Vics became the first Juniors to play a match indoors, at Ravenscraig on 12th Feb 2011, they had been trying since 27th November to get their Round 3 tie played at Castle Park.

And when Thorniewood also went indoors there on 30th December 2012 it was the 7th attempt of their 3rd-round replay.

There are probably others that had a similarly high number of attempts scuppered by the weather. 

Lochburn Park has been deemed unplayable BY THE REFEREE (not Maryhill's decision) only a comparatively tiny number of times so far.

Patience gentlemen, patience. It's Scotland - it rains.

Don't know shitey hands.you tell me.

ETA why you even in a Scottish cup thread.its march ffs.

You seem to be getting very upset very easily. Your silly name calling and inability to post sensibly or just answer the question smacks of guilt that you know your club deliberately waterlogged your pitch to avoid playing a game.

Also, I'm a fan of Junior football as a whole so why shouldn't I have an interest in this thread or the remainder of the competition?

Changing your username & avatar because your team aren't winning anymore: [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Maryhill have provisionally booked Renfrew FC park for 11 March in the event of a further postponement tomorrow.  Pity they haven't told their supporters.  Clubs are normally given 3 attempts to have a match played on their own pitch.

Hopefully this will help to get the game on tomorrow.

Wee Davy better get working hard. I'm back to work next Saturday.

Come oan Davy. Ah'll buy you a pint tomorrow if you dae the magic.

Maryhill have provisionally booked Renfrew FC park for 11 March in the event of a further postponement tomorrow.  Pity they haven't told their supporters.  Clubs are normally given 3 attempts to have a match played on their own pitch.

Another false statement re only being given 3 times to get the game played at Lochburn, there is no such rule as highlighted in recent posts.

When we have something meaningful to communicate to our supporters we will via our usual Twitter and Facebook accounts.

As a Rose fan this is embarrassing reading some of the posts from Some Lithgae fans. It's The West coast of Scotland which is probably the wettest region in the UK, it's February and it rains. Get over it

last part.thats down to who they brought in when they forced a perfectly good manager oot the door.
and not missed a game since he went.i don't do child parties or shopping. #BBB

#BringBackBraddo [emoji85]

So in protest, you changed your username & avatar because they 'forced a good manager the door?'
He resigned mate. [emoji1]

Anyway, get over it. The club is bigger than any one individual.

You haven't missed a game since Braddo left though? That just sounds like you only go so you can cast a critical eye and spout a condescending view on anything the Rose do since your hero Braddo left. Take it you were one of the ones that hurled abuse and hounded both Smith and McGlynn?

Think you'd be better off doing child's parties or going shopping. Some supporter! [emoji85][emoji1]

As a Rose fan this is embarrassing reading some of the posts from Some Lithgae fans. It's The West coast of Scotland which is probably the wettest region in the UK, it's February and it rains. Get over it

To be fair its only Dreghorn. The rest are fine with what has happened.

4 hours ago, The Gudderman said:

Wee Davy better get working hard. I'm back to work next Saturday.

Come oan Davy. Ah'll buy you a pint tomorrow if you dae the magic.

Might not be a great idea bud .....

I last watched Maryhill in the Scottish when wee Dingy,Andy Essler and co lost out to a Lochee side that featured Phil Hagen and the current Dundee Utd manager,Ray McKinnon,in the 2005 semi-final played at McDiarmid park.

Hopefully they will enjoy better fortune tomorrow,but if not,it should at least be interesting to see the seethe as the much pilloried Lithgae edge ever closer to a semi-final place.:o

:lol:

Ive seen some roasters on here but a think we have a new winner. Are you for real

When did Maryhill move to Ayrshire?

8 hours ago, #BBB said:

last part.thats down to who they brought in when they forced a perfectly good manager oot the door.

and not missed a game since he went.i don't do child parties or shopping. #BBB

Sober at any of them? 

Surely you'll get the game on today?? 

Some rain overnight and to rain a bit this morning / early afternoon, but can't have been bad enough to put the game off surely.

Im sure all the guys at Maryhill will have been working on the pitch all week to make sure it has its best chance to go ahead.

9 minutes ago, #BBB said:

how many games have they played on it this year.one I was told ?

That's true, unfortunately it's one of those non-stats - apart from trying to get this one on, most of of our fixtures have been away from home - there's only actually been one home postponement v Shettleston on 14th Jan when much like last Saturday there was very little in the West Region went ahead on grass away from the Ayrshire coast.

Just now, #BBB said:

wasn't having a dig m8.not everything is considered when these stories get handed out.

I didn't think you were - it's just one of those stats that sound really bad when you look at it from one angle.without the background.

Canny get home games played when you don't get home fixtures :)

Inspection's at 9, so here's hoping...

Archived