Maryhill Fc v Linlithgow Rose in the cup

mrcat1990

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
However the postponement had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the Hilll centre half had to attend a wedding on Saturday but is available this coming Saturday!

Again a comment from you that's absolute nonsense.

We had prepared in all week in training with the absence of one of our centre backs in mind, there is no link whatsoever to him being missing and Refs decision to put the game off.

We were desperate to have the game on as I'm sure someone else on another thread has advised that the league is our bread and butter and the Scottish whilst we're delighted to be in it is not our priority.

For all we know Linlithgow could benefit by having player(s) available this Saturday who weren't available on Saturday there.

Anything could happen in training this week, a player who would've been available on Saturday could get injured etc...

The current weather forecast at the end of the week isn't looking great so it might need another Referee's inspection.

18 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

Looks like rain/sleet from now to Sat what's the chances of the game going ahead?

Slim, I'd say. It rained heavily the entire day yesterday in Glasgow - we're meant to get a bit of respite today - full-on snow tomorrow and rain thereafter.

I imagine most grass parks over this way will struggle by the weekend, possibly even some 3Gs if the snow's as bad as they're saying it might be.

I can see us ending up playing this one midweek under the lights :(

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

Slim, I'd say. It rained heavily the entire day yesterday in Glasgow - we're meant to get a bit of respite today - full-on snow tomorrow and rain thereafter.

I imagine most grass parks over this way will struggle by the weekend, possibly even some 3Gs if the snow's as bad as they're saying it might be.

I can see us ending up playing this one midweek under the lights :(

Do you guys have floodlights at your ground? If not where would the game be played? Surely the reasonable thing to do would be to invest in covers for the pitch.

13 minutes ago, ItsTheMarch said:

Do you guys have floodlights at your ground? If not where would the game be played? Surely the reasonable thing to do would be to invest in covers for the pitch.

Covers for the pitch? For rain? 

I think getting Petershill may prove difficult given that both them and Rossvale have a lot of home games to catch up on with pitch being recently relayed.

The weather forecast isn't looking great for tomorrow and Friday night into Saturday with snow etc predicted so I'd imagine many games will be off this weekend.

Next round is Saturday 18th March so we have a few weeks to get it played before then.

Not ideal as league games are mounting up, we'll need to see what the weekend brings and early next week if game is off.

Ideally Lochburn is where we want it played but if the weather keeps up undoubtedly other options will need to be looked at.

1 hour ago, #BBB said:

wasn't raining all day in robroyston.and the sun is splitting the trees the now.maryhill like Harthill ? Got its. Own climate?

I don't work or live anywhere near Maryhill, but yesterday it was coming down in sheets in the city centre - which is nearer Robroyston than the Hill is - from lunchtime onwards, and continued in Cambuslang all evening which would suggest that it was pretty widespread.

I don't think there's ever been any such rule - it seems to be one of those urban myths - but rest assured we don't want to lose a significant chunk of the season to this tie any more than you do...like I said earlier, no cup's a huge priority this season for us. If Saturday's off as seems more than likely at this early stage, I'm sure we'll be looking at alternatives whether it be going midweek or whatever.

I think getting Petershill may prove difficult given that both them and Rossvale have a lot of home games to catch up on with pitch being recently relayed.

The weather forecast isn't looking great for tomorrow and Friday night into Saturday with snow etc predicted so I'd imagine many games will be off this weekend.

Next round is Saturday 18th March so we have a few weeks to get it played before then.

Not ideal as league games are mounting up, we'll need to see what the weekend brings and early next week if game is off.

Ideally Lochburn is where we want it played but if the weather keeps up undoubtedly other options will need to be looked at.

We also have a back log of games and apparently looking to have a backup fixture in place but crowds tend to be down and a change of plans tends to leave the committee running around like crazy on a sat morning. There's also an impact if at home as arranging last minute sponsorship for the match, pie hut can lead to a loss of income and there's also the issue of arranging post match hospitality for the teams

30 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

We also have a back log of games and apparently looking to have a backup fixture in place but crowds tend to be down and a change of plans tends to leave the committee running around like crazy on a sat morning. There's also an impact if at home as arranging last minute sponsorship for the match, pie hut can lead to a loss of income and there's also the issue of arranging post match hospitality for the teams

If there are plans for alternative arrangements in the event of a cancellation,  this should be advertised, so people know there is a plan B if Maryhill is off.

Archived