Fantasy Baseball 2017

placidcasual

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Doonhamer61 said:

Not going to claim I now have this thing sussed but I'm on my first winning streak and no longer bottom of the pile!

That all ends this week, my friend!*

*Almost certainly not.

13 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Big sexy will have a rotation spot somewhere in the majors long after we're all dead and buried.

I’m checking the scores this morning, I’m somewhat relieved I resisted the lure of Big Sexy (for one more week at least).

On 22/05/2018 at 09:24, Cowshed Chris said:

Noticed we have two top of the table clashes this week - interesting stuff.

Still no trade offers on Cano.

One going to the wire, one not so much. 

Gven how Bellenger has played since I traded for him I’m tempted to offer you him for Cano.

However, given how Bellenger has played since I traded for him I can’t guarantee he’s not also on drugs.

Just not performance enhancing ones.

One going to the wire, one not so much. 

Gven how Bellenger has played since I traded for him I’m tempted to offer you him for Cano.

However, given how Bellenger has played since I traded for him I can’t guarantee he’s not also on drugs.

Just not performance enhancing ones.

And to say people knocked that trade!

It’s all about the two start weeks. Get 40 odd points from two pitchers and you’re going to have a good week. One clunker can ruin it.

8 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

And to say people knocked that trade!

It’s all about the two start weeks. Get 40 odd points from two pitchers and you’re going to have a good week. One clunker can ruin it.

Definitely. I’ve had a shocking few weeks for streaming 2 starters, it’s back fired every time. And I’ve lost every week. First few weeks I was lucky every time.

If I get Bumgarner back (and Ray also) then along with Severino I’ve a decent foundation to my pitching. I finally got an actual reliever this week with Knebel returning and Britton might not be far behind.

Hopefully soon I’ll have actual options.

ETA: just realised I sound like Mickey Callaway with all these excuses..

• 4 weeks later...

This has become quite a competitive league.  I won my latest game by two points (helped by my opponent's team seeming to go to sleep for three days), and we have five teams within one game of each other now.

5 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

This has become quite a competitive league.  I won my latest game by two points (helped by my opponent's team seeming to go to sleep for three days), and we have five teams within one game of each other now.

It really has, it’s very hard to predict which weeks you’ll win. Seems like all it takes is a poor outing from a starting pitcher or an injury to a key hitter and you’re sunk.  Wouldn’t like to guess who’ll win it!

It really has, it’s very hard to predict which weeks you’ll win. Seems like all it takes is a poor outing from a starting pitcher or an injury to a key hitter and you’re sunk.  Wouldn’t like to guess who’ll win it!

Players who go on the DL on a Monday should be banned for life.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Just six weeks left and probably only two teams out of contention. Little Lebowski Urban Achievers on a 5 game win streak as well. It's shaping up nicely.

I finally bust my Fidel’s Astros cherry last week. I had about 11 pitching starts vs his 5 and I still only won by 50 points! :lol:

I’ll be surprised if my streak doesn’t end this week but here’s hoping. 

ETA: what’s happened to Ron Swanson’s Bacon / Chopper Reid? He chucked it or what?

Am I right in thinking that this week is a shortened one?  I know that Yahoo combines this week into next week for scoring purposes, but I seem to recall our league counts three games (for most teams) as a complete week?

Just checking, because this makes roster changes even more important than usual.

Cheers.

Archived