Fantasy Baseball 2017

placidcasual

I don't want to pollute the MLB thread with this all year. We've got seven runners as it stands. Looking for one more. After that, it'll be pairs in only to keep it at an even number of teams. @Cowshed Chris intimated that he was probably going to sign up so that would give us eight. I've provisionally set the draft up for Sunday 26th March at 8.00pm. I don't think it will take much longer than 90 to 120 mins. If there's a consensus to shift it to a different date then we can figure that out.

Dynasty format, 20 keepers so if you're having a shite season there's always the incentive to try and build your team. From experience with Ginger Saint's excellent NFL dynasty league that will generally keep interest levels up.  Other than that, the rules/scoring etc can be found on the league page at FleaFlicker.

League home page is http://www.fleaflicker.com/mlb/leagues/17853 

Password is pieandbovril

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 22:49, placidcasual said:

I don't want to pollute the MLB thread with this all year. We've got seven runners as it stands. Looking for one more. After that, it'll be pairs in only to keep it at an even number of teams. @Cowshed Chris intimated that he was probably going to sign up so that would give us eight. I've provisionally set the draft up for Sunday 26th March at 8.00pm. I don't think it will take much longer than 90 to 120 mins. If there's a consensus to shift it to a different date then we can figure that out.

Dynasty format, 20 keepers so if you're having a shite season there's always the incentive to try and build your team. From experience with Ginger Saint's excellent NFL dynasty league that will generally keep interest levels up.  Other than that, the rules/scoring etc can be found on the league page at FleaFlicker.

League home page is http://www.fleaflicker.com/mlb/leagues/17853 

Password is pieandbovril

In. Looking forward to it.

My brother may also be up for this if we have another entrant waiting.

On 27/02/2017 at 10:37, Dee4Life1893 said:

Yeah, I'll try this.

I've done fantasy baseball maybe 10 years ago. Before I played NFL.

You never joined, Chris has now beat you to it. If I get one more, I'll raise it to 10 players.

10 will make for a better league now so well done all. Unfortunately, i've got another league doing a live auction the same night as this draft so might have to double-dip and probably make an arse of both.

I've never used FleaFlicker before - is it decent?

37 minutes ago, SamuraiJock said:

10 will make for a better league now so well done all. Unfortunately, i've got another league doing a live auction the same night as this draft so might have to double-dip and probably make an arse of both.

I've never used FleaFlicker before - is it decent?

I really like FF as far as NFL goes. It's a lot better than Yahoo. Again though, I've seen some absolutely ridiculous auto-drafts from those leagues so it might be worth ranking your players if you're auto-drafting.

• 2 weeks later...

Just realised this is a dynasty league. Are we allowed to trade picks and is the current draft order confirmed?

Would we not be better doing this as an email draft to allow trades to happen? I understand there is only a few weeks till the season starts but we could have a strict time limit for picks in place.

The draft order is confirmed. It's a snake so it's fair enough for everyone. You can trade picks but not sure what value there is in that before the draft. There's definitely no time for an email draft. I'd have preferred that myself but you know what that's like. The season starts in two weeks. You're looking at getting a full round done every day.

2 hours ago, placidcasual said:

The draft order is confirmed. It's a snake so it's fair enough for everyone. You can trade picks but not sure what value there is in that before the draft. There's definitely no time for an email draft. I'd have preferred that myself but you know what that's like. The season starts in two weeks. You're looking at getting a full round done every day.

Yeah, that's fair enough. Totally understand.

2 hours ago, calum_gers said:

Last pick in the first round. Goddamit.

You wanna trade up to #2?

21 hours ago, calum_gers said:

Last pick in the first round. Goddamit.

I always quite like getting that slot. You'll get 2 of the first 11 players and lots of time between picks to browse for who you want as well.

I'm pick 5 - tricky one as I reckon half a dozen players could go 5th.

Archived