Who do we want to see promoted into League 2?

1 minute ago, DeanMck said:

Apologies if already discussed but where would EK play next season if they went up. Surely K park doesn't meet the criteria necessary. Or is there room for expansion ?

K Park has a capacity of 500 and meets the criteria. 

I'm sure they can get more in if required and there was/is  development plans in place. 

They've got to win the play offs first though. I wouldn't like to call it. 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be horrible to see Cove win the league due to Buckie receiving a points deductions but I have a feeling that is what will happen. Cove probably have the best chance at beating EK though.

EK will win comfortably regardless imo.

The HL stripped Elgin City of the title in 1992/3 after they moved the date of a game to allow two players to play, rather than a points deduction (won it by 4pts). This was despite the SFA saying Elgin had done nothing wrong. Even other HL managers at the time said they would have done the same thing. The league was declared null and void in what was the HL's centenary season.

Apologies if already discussed but where would EK play next season if they went up. Surely K park doesn't meet the criteria necessary. Or is there room for expansion ?

Was through at Calderglen country park over the weekend and noticed on the way in K-park training facility, which looked like an enclosed Astro park with with literally nothing else. Is that the k-park where East Kilbride play their games?

Was through at Calderglen country park over the weekend and noticed on the way in K-park training facility, which looked like an enclosed Astro park with with literally nothing else. Is that the k-park where East Kilbride play their games?[/quote

If Clyde were offered to be built that any where near the East end they would jump at it.....

Was through at Calderglen country park over the weekend and noticed on the way in K-park training facility, which looked like an enclosed Astro park with with literally nothing else. Is that the k-park where East Kilbride play their games?[/quote

If Clyde were offered to be built that any where near the East end they would jump at it.....

So is that a yes then? I'm pretty sure Clyde will be looking for more than an Astro park with a fence round it and changing rooms for any future moves.

I didn't see the stand walking past so it must be tiny. There is car parking for about 15 cars and you can see onto the pitch from further up the hill. I honestly wasn't sure if it was where they play because it looks just like a pitch you would book out to play 5's with your mates or the numerous venues I have taken school teams to over the years.

Hardly a venue for a proper football team with any kind of fan base to be playing.

11 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

So is that a yes then? I'm pretty sure Clyde will be looking for more than an Astro park with a fence round it and changing rooms for any future moves.

I didn't see the stand walking past so it must be tiny. There is car parking for about 15 cars and you can see onto the pitch from further up the hill. I honestly wasn't sure if it was where they play because it looks just like a pitch you would book out to play 5's with your mates or the numerous venues I have taken school teams to over the years.

Hardly a venue for a proper football team with any kind of fan base to be playing.

Clyde played Whitehill Welfare on that pitch about 5 years ago before the stand was built. Pre season friendly, walloped youse 3-0 :thumsup2

18 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Didn't you arrange a friendly v Dundee, and asked to bring forward your last league game - it then emerged 2 players thus became available, their suspensions starting the next day?

You're correct, HJ, from what I remember. I also think there was a vandetta against the manager John Teasdale by the HL heirarchy as he was quite outspoken and rubbed them up the wrong way. It cost us a place in the Scottish League a few years later when Caley/Thistle merged and got in with along with a mid HL table Ross County.

5 hours ago, gordon9736 said:

You're correct, HJ, from what I remember. I also think there was a vandetta against the manager John Teasdale by the HL heirarchy as he was quite outspoken and rubbed them up the wrong way. It cost us a place in the Scottish League a few years later when Caley/Thistle merged and got in with along with a mid HL table Ross County.

County finished above Elgin in their last HL season and had also made a real name for themselves in the Scottish Cup in that era. I think it was also felt that they case they made was much stronger than Elgin managed. 

Waspie, I stand corrected about County being a mid table team at the time, a bit rose tinted on my part. I think there was a fuss at the time about them including Inverness, Skye and other further away places in their catchment area. 

59 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

Waspie, I stand corrected about County being a mid table team at the time, a bit rose tinted on my part. I think there was a fuss at the time about them including Inverness, Skye and other further away places in their catchment area. 

They won the league the two years in a row before the Elgin title controversy too. I remember how good a cup team they were, they knocked us out of the Scottish Cup 3-1 at the Recs. We've given them a few bad days since though :).

Btw, I have friends in Skye who travel to watch County!

Archived