Who do we want to see promoted into League 2?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talking about a team support is a load of crap if EK or HL club come up through the playoffs then they deserve their place in league football it doesn't matter if two men and their dog go and watch them looks like some of us are just trying to deflect the fact that we are total shambles top to bottom

Talking about a team support is a load of crap if EK or HL club come up through the playoffs then they deserve their place in league football it doesn't matter if two men and their dog go and watch them looks like some of us are just trying to deflect the fact that we are total shambles top to bottom

To be fair it's only being discussed because someone basically said they'd go bust.

They hardly need to add that many to overtake your crowds and with the added away supports and huge amounts of extra interest by being in the SPFL that's easily achievable. I'm sorry but Vitoria isn't a class player, he was there before the Celtic game too and went back after.

Woods has signed as it's his local club, another good advantage they've got, their location.

They'll easily sustain themselves and probably thrive even further. There's no evidence to suggest otherwise other than wishful thinking.

I'd go and watch the odd EK game in League 2 and I'm sure other people within travelling distance would too.

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

I'd go and watch the odd EK game in League 2 and I'm sure other people within travelling distance would too.

You can't really judge what sort of crowd they would get in League 2 going by what they get in the Lowland League. People like yourself would be attracted to go a long on an occasional basis and i'm sure others would do so as well. You just have to look at the increase in crowds that Edinburgh City have had this season.

Re the Kilby away support when we played them in the cup earlier this season I would guess maybe about 70 or 80 of them were there.

22 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

And that's the backwards type thinking that's holding Scottish football back. What a joy it would be to see the likes of the once respectable Clyde plunging into the abyss of the Lowland League, to be replaced by East Kilbride - a team from a town of 70,000+ people who have ambition. There is no reason why they could not go up and go on to succeed in the senior national set up. People like you are afraid of the drop. You are blinded by fear and fail to see the golden future ahead for the league system. The changes are happening. May you pray for your club to stand up and be counted - or disappear into the depths, never to be seen again.

21 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

I wasn't aware that "bringing something" was part of the criteria, anyway. End of the day most clubs in SPFL1 / SPFL2 are regarded as nobodies by the top echelons of the game and much of the media as it is. Promotion can mean growth... last season Edinburgh City were getting lower crowds than EK are - they're now averaging more than Cowdenbeath, Annan and Berwick, and not that far off Montrose.

Fact is that if a club wins the Highland or Lowland league, then beats the winner of the other league, then beats bottom of SPFL2, the least they deserve is to go up... and the club that finishes bottom then loses the playoff to go down. One level above or below, and Clyde or Cowden wouldn't be fighting for safety versus a playoff and £60k over 2yrs if you lose it; Clyde and Cowden would be fighting for a playoff as an alternative to automatic relegation, or both could even be facing automatic relegation.

If clubs are not bringing something to the 'competition' that is senior football, then can I ask what is the reason for the inclusion? If they don't add to the overall package then I am struggling to see the point?

If clubs are not bringing something to the 'competition' that is senior football, then can I ask what is the reason for the inclusion? If they don't add to the overall package then I am struggling to see the point?

Sporting integrity and a fair competition.

It's exactly the same as saying Dundee United and Hibs should be in the Premiership and Ross County and Hamilton shouldn't.

It's f**k all to do with matters off the pitch or size, as long as the clubs meet the criteria of course. If they do then all that counts is what happens on the pitch.

50 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Sporting integrity and a fair competition.

It's exactly the same as saying Dundee United and Hibs should be in the Premiership and Ross County and Hamilton shouldn't.

It's f**k all to do with matters off the pitch or size, as long as the clubs meet the criteria of course. If they do then all that counts is what happens on the pitch.

Right. Got it now.

I'd love EK to go up to see if the potential can be realised BUT in truth I was just as hopeful that Edinburgh City would stay up.  For as long as I can remember anyone I ever spoke to thought that the 'no relegation' situation was a shocker.

The opportunity to qualify on sporting merit is an amazing development and I hope it adds an element of competition that's been missing for far too long.  IF a team goes down (and it's a big if) like East Stirlingshire did last season then I wish them no ill.  I hope they continue as a club and that the LL becomes stronger.  

The impression I've got from ES fans this season is that they've enjoyed the change and dare I say have possibly enjoyed winning more games than usual.  Cowden, Clyde or anyone else joining may be seen as armageddon by their supporters but I'm hoping it's just another chapter in a long history.

East Kilbride win the Lowland League today. Well done guys [emoji122]????

The most predictable and ironic fate looms closer and closer for us. Sad times [emoji22] shame nobody at the club seems to give a f**k.

11 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

The most predictable and ironic fate looms closer and closer for us. Sad times emoji22.png shame nobody at the club seems to give a f**k.

Look on the bright side it might mean a game at K park, partially fulfilling Ground Share V.8.

Archived