Who do we want to see promoted into League 2?

Bollix. Half of Brora's first team didn't show up that day for a variety of reasons, one of whom was given permission to miss the game by the club so he could go to a dinner with his parents, and during the game one managed to get himself sent off for the most ridiculous and unnecessary challenge seen in a good while. 

They'd a teenager on the bench who'd never kicked a ball for them, FFS. Summed up their attitude to the game, and it was worth an extra player to Montrose by the end.

As far as I can remember there was 1 or 2 that had to go on holidays they'd had booked for ages and that was it. The sending off was for 2 yellows.

Montrose only equalised in the tie with 14 minutes of the 180 left. A 30 yard screamer is the only thing that made them lose that game.

They also won the first leg 1-0.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From that very article

“My personal thoughts are that I’d rather we stay where we are but as a club we’ve got to move forward and we will be trying our best to get through into the SPFL.

“Our players are professional and they always want to win every game. If we get through, we get through."

Right after the game the manager also said he'd hoped that the team had shut up the critics that said his team didn't want promotion.

ETA: just realised that they also won the semi final!!

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

From that very article

“My personal thoughts are that I’d rather we stay where we are but as a club we’ve got to move forward and we will be trying our best to get through into the SPFL.

“Our players are professional and they always want to win every game. If we get through, we get through."

Right after the game the manager also said he'd hoped that the team had shut up the critics that said his team didn't want promotion.

As Jimmy said, one player took the game off to go to an anniversary dinner with his parents, 2 booked holidays for when they knew the most important game of the season would be played. Several players openly said they'd be looking for another club if the worst happened and they got promoted. Only the manager said he wanted to win, none of the players or directors did, in fact they made clear the opposite was true. This is not to knock Montrose, they might have won even if Brora had wanted to win.

3 players... And I'm sure other players would've been looking for clubs anyway they'd have been on 1 year deals wouldn't they have? I don't buy it for a second. I'm sure you've met players that are playing at that level, they're competitive. They're not going to throw games, they won the 1st play off semi final and then the 1st leg and came so very close to winning the second. Again if Gary Wood doesn't hit the strike of his life Montrose probably wouldn't have won.

Bollix. Half of Brora's first team didn't show up that day for a variety of reasons, one of whom was given permission to miss the game by the club so he could go to a dinner with his parents, and during the game one managed to get himself sent off for the most ridiculous and unnecessary challenge seen in a good while.

They'd a teenager on the bench who'd never kicked a ball for them, FFS. Summed up their attitude to the game, and it was worth an extra player to Montrose by the end.

Get back to the Nut hoose you!

You'd have to ask them why they bothered to beat Edinburgh in the semi-final only to fail to prepare properly for the final. The Brora team that took to the pitch at Montrose was a watered down version of the team that won the league. Off field, the committee did their best to undermine the entire thing with a number of ill-thought comments.

A sad day.

Being at both Brora Montrose games I can safely say that it didn't feel like Brora threw any games.
Plus the few hundred Brora fans that made the trip certainly wouldn't of bothered if they thought their team was going to not bother.
We were heading out of the SPFL 15 mins from the end.
I knew at the time that the throwing of the game would grow legs over time and probably end up being perceived truth in time.

It looks pretty unlikely that Brora will win HL. They're 1pt ahead but only have 3 games left compared to their pursuers 5, plus one of those is a derby against Wick. By 10pm tonight it could be 2pts behind - Cove host Clachnacuddin - and thereafter, courtesy some odd scheduling, Cove finish home-n-away to Turriff then home-n-away to Lossiemouth.

EK only need 1 win to secure LL but things could get a bit interesting if they drop points at Gala on Saturday: their closing 2 matches are against Spartans (3rd) and East Stirlingshire (2nd).

From what I remember Clyde always brought the biggest away support to us, followed by stirling. Seeing Clyde go down would probably have a slight financial impact on some clubs, maybe not.

EK couldnt get 400 through the gate when they played us in a weekend where Celtic and The Rangers weren't even playing. They released some ridiculous figure to suggest otherwise, they don't travel in numbers from what I've heard. The b*****ds will probably be presented the trophy when they play us on the last day of the season.

They're Gretna 2.0, it's only a matter of time.

From what I remember Clyde always brought the biggest away support to us, followed by stirling. Seeing Clyde go down would probably have a slight financial impact on some clubs, maybe not.

EK couldnt get 400 through the gate when they played us in a weekend where Celtic and The Rangers weren't even playing. They released some ridiculous figure to suggest otherwise, they don't travel in numbers from what I've heard. The b*****ds will probably be presented the trophy when they play us on the last day of the season.

They're Gretna 2.0, it's only a matter of time.

They're nothing like the Gretna model.

Just you wait and see.

I don't need to wait and see. They aren't reliant on one sole millionaire and they're signing guys like Jao Vitoria and Jack Smith. They're from a town with a huge population with backing from the local council for their new stadium proposals.

As far as I'm aware anyway. They're the complete opposite. Gretna were from a tiny wee village, they had a squad full of ex Premiership players on ridiculous wages and they were back by a millionaire who saw them as his play thing.

I don't need to wait and see. They aren't reliant on one sole millionaire and they're signing guys like Jao Vitoria and Jack Smith. They're from a town with a huge population with backing from the local council for their new stadium proposals.

As far as I'm aware anyway. They're the complete opposite. Gretna were from a tiny wee village, they had a squad full of ex Premiership players on ridiculous wages and they were back by a millionaire who saw them as his play thing.

They dont have the fan base and the only reason they're signing them is due to the Celtic money. It'll dry up eventually.

They dont have the fan base and the only reason they're signing them is due to the Celtic money. It'll dry up eventually.

They were good before they played Celtic? They had most of the team they do now before they played Celtic didn't they? Their fanbase will improve just like Edinburghs has. They've got a lot of potential. Nothing like Gretna who were clearly just going to go tits up after Brooks bailed.

Archived