Who do we want to see promoted into League 2?

How many STs at Clyde?

P.S. haufdaft you should be called haufbitter [emoji38]

Don't know how many season tickets at Clyde. I would estimate multiples of 75 though.

Haufbitter? Maybe. Don't particularly wish good things on anything to do with the Keans.

Quite liked East Stirlinghire too.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Don't know how many season tickets at Clyde. I would estimate multiples of 75 though.

Haufbitter? Maybe. Don't particularly wish good things on anything to do with the Keans.

Quite liked East Stirlinghire too.

Hard to disagree with any of that mate.

when ICT used to play Clyde regularly I got the impression they had a hard core of dedicated fans who had been through all the groundshares etc so they probably have a high proportion of STs to walk ups.

In 2004 you nearly won the first division thanks to John Rowbotham awarding a dodgy handball against Davie Proctor. By a quirk of fate Proctor now plays for EK, and Steve Hislop who scored ICT 's winner was, until recently, manager of my other team Whitehill. I fear EK will be passing you on the way up though.

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

EK up Edinburgh down I think will happen. Hopefully Cowdenbeath or Berwick though.

Nah, think Cowdenbeath are gone, but would not mind Cove, they have for a while wanted to come into the league

Hard to disagree with any of that mate.
when ICT used to play Clyde regularly I got the impression they had a hard core of dedicated fans who had been through all the groundshares etc so they probably have a high proportion of STs to walk ups.
In 2004 you nearly won the first division thanks to John Rowbotham awarding a dodgy handball against Davie Proctor. By a quirk of fate Proctor now plays for EK, and Steve Hislop who scored ICT 's winner was, until recently, manager of my other team Whitehill. I fear EK will be passing you on the way up though.

If memory serves me right we missed a penalty up in Inverness after one of their defenders handled the ball to prevent a certain goal. We ended up losing that game.

Lots of missed opportunities that season to put it beyond ICT. The title should have been secured before the ill fated title decider at Broadwood.

8 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Didn't realise East Kilbride would go straight into league one, where the famous bully wee will be plying their trade next season emoji6.png

Thanks, I needed that!  :lol:

Brora away in the Cup was a great weekend, but I think the novelty would wear off if it became a regular fixture!
Would take East Kilbride, replacing Montrose.

B'jesus you scared that the mighty big bucks Brora will walk the league next season?

2 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

If memory serves me right we missed a penalty up in Inverness after one of their defenders handled the ball to prevent a certain goal. We ended up losing that game.

Lots of missed opportunities that season to put it beyond ICT. The title should have been secured before the ill fated title decider at Broadwood.

Apologies, I wasn't  stirring the shite, I was just mentioning Proctor, and the fact that it would have won you the league there and then if you had held out for another 10 minutes or so. But the penalty was soft :whistle

However I could equally go through the fixtures and point to our missed opportunities, but you're right, you were unlucky that night when we were reduced to 10 men and you couldn't make it count. Or maybe ICT just had the edge that season, and Mark Brown saving a penalty was part of it, and the 10 men having the mental strength to win 3-1. We also reached a Scottish Cup semi at Hampden and took it to a replay.

If, for example, Brora won the right to play in league two the structure of the lower leagues would have to change fairly quickly. Regionalisation would be swiftly called for as travelling costs alone would cripple most clubs.
Imagine a rearranged match on a Tuesday night involving Brora and Annan or Berwick.
Regionalisation may open doors for other ambitious clubs in order to make up numbers in a north/south model.
If promoted, Brora would have to use loads of their mega bucks to bring their stadium up to the requirements, pay for away travel and subsistence plus the minimum wage payments now due to players from start of club business to the end .
Personally I feel Edinburgh City have enough in them to stay up and I would like to see 'Shire back up in the senior ranks again .

If, for example, Brora won the right to play in league two the structure of the lower leagues would have to change fairly quickly. Regionalisation would be swiftly called for as travelling costs alone would cripple most clubs.
Imagine a rearranged match on a Tuesday night involving Brora and Annan or Berwick.

What clubs would be crippled by travelling to Brora m8?

8 hours ago, Emfaefifeyahoorsur said:

If, for example, Brora won the right to play in league two the structure of the lower leagues would have to change fairly quickly.

1 - Regionalisation would be swiftly called for as travelling costs alone would cripple most clubs.

2 - Imagine a rearranged match on a Tuesday night involving Brora and Annan or Berwick.

3 - If promoted, Brora would have to use loads of their mega bucks to bring their stadium up to the requirements

4 - subsistence plus the minimum wage payments now due to players from start of club business to the end .

Well this is going to be fun....

1 - Are you saying that most clubs in League 2 would be 'crippled' by travelling up to Brora twice in a season? Which clubs? Why are these clubs not 'crippled' by trips to Stranraer/ Elgin but would be by Brora?

2 - Imagine a rearranged match between Peterhead - Stranraer, Arbroath - Stranraer, Elgin - Berwick etc. on a Tuesday night. All fixtures mentioned have come up, been played, and no fuss been made.

3 - What do Brora need to do to their ground to bring it up to standard, and how much would it cost? Bit odd that Brora were a bawhair away from promotion two years ago and nothing was mentioned regarding this, eh?

4 - Tell me more about the minimum wage payments and how every League 2 club complies with them, but Brora don't currently.

In summary - your post is not only nonsense, but also quite hilarious. I can only assume you're taking the piss with a lot of these points, as I can't believe anyone would believe this nonsense.

For selfish reasons I would like to see Buckie come up as it would mean cracking Moray derbies with healthy crowds. That said I would question Buckie's commitment to coming up and I think Cove will win league in any case. Think Edinburgh will finish bottom but also think they would beat EK in play off final.

Archived