Who do we want to see promoted into League 2?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well this is going to be fun....
1 - Are you saying that most clubs in League 2 would be 'crippled' by travelling up to Brora twice in a season? Which clubs? Why are these clubs not 'crippled' by trips to Stranraer/ Elgin but would be by Brora?
2 - Imagine a rearranged match between Peterhead - Stranraer, Arbroath - Stranraer, Elgin - Berwick etc. on a Tuesday night. All fixtures mentioned have come up, been played, and no fuss been made.
3 - What do Brora need to do to their ground to bring it up to standard, and how much would it cost? Bit odd that Brora were a bawhair away from promotion two years ago and nothing was mentioned regarding this, eh?
4 - Tell me more about the minimum wage payments and how every League 2 club complies with them, but Brora don't currently.
In summary - your post is not only nonsense, but also quite hilarious. I can only assume you're taking the piss with a lot of these points, as I can't believe anyone would believe this nonsense.

2 years ago there was a lot of talk about Brora not wanting to come up and that floodlights etc weren't up to scratch.

Brora had a development plan shortly after but I'm not sure if it ever happened

Nothing insurmountable as Annam managed to get floodlights and turnstiles in at short notice.

Brora's ground already meets minimum requirements - unless the lights need work. Two trips there a season wouldn't cripple anyone. Midweek treks fairly rare. NMW already applies it's the law not an SPFL regulation (and they'll be paying well beyond it anyway).

They're not an amateur team playing off a public park north of the Arctic circle.

East Kilbride are the only one with the catchment and the investment behind them to likely be able to get up the leagues, the rest are glorified pub teams.

Let's see where EKFC are in 10 years.

Defunct, I hope.

Or at least playing in a white elephant of a stadium in front of 150 fans.

They PLAN to make the same mistake.

Clyde have survived though and will have a glorious future, just as we've had a glorious past.

You're going to have far from a glorious future with Ferguson at the club and while playing at Broadwood m8.

If we don't go up, Buckie would be absolutely brilliant so we could get a fierce local derby 4 times a season. The attendance was over 2000 when we met them in the Scottish Cup, so there's financial benefits there too. They have one of the biggest followings in the Highland League and would bring a decent number to most grounds

In terms of climbing the leagues it would seem EK would be of best benefit to the SPFL and if Edinburgh could stay up then both have good seasons next season it would look good for the pyramid system.

For good away days Brora is your man (I still have barely any recollection of our challenge cup game vs them).

I'd take any up for Stirling down though

Out of general interest, what have the Keans done thats so wrong??

It wasn't them playing emotional blackmail upon the Clyde supporters, if you get my drift?

It's not entirely due to matters relating to Clyde although that does play is part.

I suggest you look online. You'll find plenty of newspaper articles about them.

Want EK to come up, they seem like they really want it.

Brora can get to f**k after what they said about promotion last time, and if Buckie also turn out to be against the pyramid system - they can get to f**k as well.

Hopefully Cowden go down. Time is up for the Blue Brazil.

• 1 month later...

East Kilbride maintaining an 8 point gap with East Stirlingshire, ahead of the final three matches versus Gala Fairydean, third place Spartans, and the Shire. Surely that's the Lowland League decided then?

Highland League bit harder to determine; Brora sits at 72, but Cove and Buckie have two games in hand, sitting at 71 and 69 respectively. Could be anyone's league still.

Archived