Who do we want to see promoted into League 2?

As the season is nearing it's climax, I thought it'd be interesting to hear from everyone which Highland/Lowland League team they would most like to see get promoted into League 2.

In the Highland League, Buckie Thistle and Brora Rangers are equal on points, with Cove trailing them by one. Of note is that Brora has played 28 matches where Buckie and Cove have played 26.

58a59314884ae_Squad-640x3601.jpg.c4d8ee69017949db1c6a819df23b31da.jpg58a59355eae1a_DSC_17511.jpg.d4e6d1cf0ffd7f55594293ff3e1c875b.jpg58a607046119e_Cove-Rangers-cele1.thumb.jpg.7743a37301d80a3c5302a71f0bb689a6.jpg

In the Lowland League, East Kilbride is leading the pack with 58 out of 22, while old League 2 boys East Stirlingshire in a (not so) hot pursuit with 51 out of 23.

58a59380a6c18_header21.thumb.jpg.c7dab32619d1782dddaf06bc5992744c.jpg58a593978c5d1_CuyoWCuW8AAUOCk1.thumb.jpg.c016d75b00a36c8ef32c0430c51abbaa.jpg

Alternatively, if none of these clubs have your fancy, it's a matter of cheering for whichever League 2 team ends up in last place and thusly in the play-offs.

Personally, I'd be happy to see the Shire return although East Kilbride and their prume jam/peanut butter sandwich would make a sight to see in the league. Not quite so keen on Buckie and Brora (mostly due to the horrendous travel distance for Berwick fans).

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there Highland league teams that want to be promoted into League 2? I'm a big fan of there being a route in for teams in the Highland and Lowland league but find it interesting (and fair enough when you consider the travelling etc) when teams don't want to be promoted

34 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Personally, I'd be happy to see the Shire return although East Kilbride and their prume jam/peanut butter sandwich would make a sight to see in the league. Not quite so keen on Buckie and Brora (mostly due to the horrendous travel distance for Berwick fans).

How did I know a kit was going to be the deciding factor 

Cant see beyond East Kilbride winning the Lowland League sorry Shire better luck next year. Highland League hope its Buckie Thistle to win the League but question marks over whether they want to join the Big Boys in League 2 or are just happy to stay in the Highland League.

Whoever wins the playoffs faces a tough task to beat the 10th team in League 2.

B'Jesus, surely the indomitable Brora can't fail to come up again? Their fans have been telling us about the batterings they're going to administer to the SPFL for a while now...

East Kilbride up, and the Clyde fans to go mental when EK finish ahead of them in 2017/18. Hopefully the Shire are doing well enough in the Lowland to stay afloat financially before their glorious return. Berwick fans seem to like making threads about how shite and unambitious other clubs are, so it would just be cruel if they contrived to finish below poor beleaguered Cowden, and not at all amusing. Nosiree.

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

EK up Edinburgh down I think will happen. Hopefully Cowdenbeath or Berwick though.

Have you seen our record against EK...? :whistle

Personally I think Scottish football needs a strong Hawick Royal Albert but that isn't going to happen this season.

Like to see team that got biggest crowd potential go up. How big are east kilbrides crowds?

Last figures I can find were 2014/15 average was 150.

I was told that they only had 75 season ticket holders (don't know if this is true)

The crowds are very poor given the amount of good press the East Kilbride News give them and the column inches they get nationally.

Personally, I hope they never come up and they go tits up.

I much prefer EK THISTLE. The real team of the town.

20 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Last figures I can find were 2014/15 average was 150.

I was told that they only had 75 season ticket holders (don't know if this is true)

The crowds are very poor given the amount of good press the East Kilbride News give them and the column inches they get nationally.

Personally, I hope they never come up and they go tits up.

I much prefer EK THISTLE. The real team of the town.

How many STs at Clyde?

I hope The Shire stay around the LL for another season, Ed City stay up and another team comes down to the LL.

My reasons:

1)Shire have been decent c***s who have taken well to the LL.

2)The LL needs to prove that it's not a skoosh for L2 teams to get back up so maybe we'll get an automatic promotion spot in years to come.

3)EK are ambitious c***s and naebody likes them so the sooner they get tae f**k out the LL and leave us deadwood to it the better.

EK will batter anybody in the playoffs and according to them their crowds are about double what haufdaft says. Certainly the twice I've been there with Whitehill they've had a decent crowd but one was their first ever fixture, maybe 400 and the other was the groundhop weekend, 500 all ticket. Bear in mind City's crowds have been decent this season after going up.

P.S. haufdaft you should be called haufbitter :lol:

Archived