Berwick v Forfar

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Think this result really shows that Arbroath do deserve to win this league, any team that fails to beat Berwick at home does not deserve the league title imo.

Of course you do sonny. You just ring the bell and the nurse will bring you something nice.

2 hours ago, Yellow Feet said:

Surely to f**k we can get that red card rescinded since footage is available, embarrassing.

Would say the same for Forfar too but as it's a yellow you can't. lol.

I might be wrong but I'm sure you can only appeal with footage that isn't your own.

1 hour ago, Bogs_Dollox said:

Denholms sending off , laughable emoji23.png

So was our Trialist's. How can that be a straight red when Cox's nasty little foul was just a yellow?

As for Denholm, it happened right in front of the Ducket and it looked like there was no contact. Very unlucky red card.

So, 1 red that should have been yellow, 1 second yellow that should have been nowt, and 1 yellow for Cox that should have been a shotgun up his arse.

So was our Trialist's. How can that be a straight red when Cox's nasty little foul was just a yellow?
As for Denholm, it happened right in front of the Ducket and it looked like there was no contact. Very unlucky red card.
So, 1 red that should have been yellow, 1 second yellow that should have been nowt, and 1 yellow for Cox that should have been a shotgun up his arse.

I love Scottish fitba [emoji1]

To show how bad the ref was watch the video towards the end of the second half when a Berwick player gets a head knock and collapses in our penalty box. Ref blows to stop play with the ball in play and active. Play should restart with a non contested drop ball which Berwick will sportingly kick out for a goal kick. For reasons known only to the tiny mind of the ref he restarts with a Berwick throw in and them being cheating bar stewards say game on and set up an attack which fortunately for all involved comes to nothing. Your comments please.

To show how bad the ref was watch the video towards the end of the second half when a Berwick player gets a head knock and collapses in our penalty box. Ref blows to stop play with the ball in play and active. Play should restart with a non contested drop ball which Berwick will sportingly kick out for a goal kick. For reasons known only to the tiny mind of the ref he restarts with a Berwick throw in and them being cheating bar stewards say game on and set up an attack which fortunately for all involved comes to nothing. Your comments please.

Shite reffing, however why would we give you it? We had the ball when it was stopped.

Having watched the highlights I'd say Victor and Berwickmad both have relevant points (despite being opposing opinions) but as for the red cards, Denholm's is the result of disgracefully poor refereeing. The Berwick red card is a wrong decision, both managers clearly thinking the same. The camera and the gaffers having a far better view of the incedent than the (poor excuse for a) referee. I can just about imagine it could have looked different and far worse from his angle, however, if there's a doubt then don't issue a card surely?

29 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Spiltting up our best centre back pairing just because he didn't want to play Foxy (or McCawl) in central midfield looks like it wasn't Bollan's best decision. Hope he's learned that lesson for next week.

Not sure that's in his make-up.  This new "tactic" seems to be his approach since New Year tbh.  

Play Bain at right back to get Travis in, play Swankie at centre mid or Cox out wide and now TOB into midfield to avoid playing Foxy or McCawl.  For me, there's just too much tinkering - he's playing in-form players out of position just to avoid having to give a chance to one of the others who he considers "not to be one of the strongest" - but in my opinion, not one of the fringe players has let us down when they've been played in their correct positions. - We were sitting about 7 points clear after Elgin away (New Year).  

Luckily, till Saturday, GB has pretty much got away with it.  But performances have dipped and now we've broken the undefeated run.  

Great to have something to complain about when we're sitting points clear at the top of the league though!!! :) 

Archived