West Premier Select Team

KIRKYRABS

First time poster on p&b but delighted with how the Roy season is going so far. First trophy in the bag, top of the league and still got three cups left to play for. This is one of th best roy teams in recent years and delighted with the coaches. I was thinking about how many players in the other teams in our league would get into the roy team so i thought it would be interesting to see who others think would make it into a West premier select team.

Ive been to most matches this season so can only give my team as to the players we have played against so far this year. What would your team be?

GK - Jordan Brown (KRR)

Rb - Scott Walker (KRR)

CB - Mark Mclaughlin (Beith)

CB - C Buchanan (KRR)

LB - Danny Mckenzie (KRR)

LM- Lee G (KRR) 

CM - Jamie Wilson (Beith)

CM - Spenny (Troon)

RN- Chris Duff/Mackie (Rob Roy) / Mccann (Pollok)

CF - Darren Christie (Beith)

CF - Sawyers (KRR) 

Forgot about Anderson from Kilbirnie actually, think he is a great player. Luke and Fraser will probably feel hard done by as they have both been great for us this season. The quality of central midfielders in the league is very high, more technical than previously which is conducive to good football

i do remember connor laying with arthurlie last year and felt he had the makings of a good player. Truthfully cant remember much of him in the game against beith, but we were poor that day that i dont think we troubled your defence. I feel like Danny Mckenzie could soon take over the mantle as best left back in the league. He has been consistently good the past 3 seasons. 

i can understand you thinking that, but im just basing it on the performances ive seen this season. Maybe it would be fairer if i picked a team without players in the team i support. But i genuinely feel that the majority of teams in the league would be fortunate to have some of the guys at the roy just now

In fairness it's hard to pick players outwith your own team because you rarely see them. Most of these selects would be your own team plus odd players who've caught your eye in a game. 

Even the groundhoppy sort of fans won't be seeing the same teams and players often enough to compare them fairly.

And the Pollok manager has lost the dressing room as obvious by comments made on social media by players start with by asking one of your full backs .He and his backroom team are a busted flush a blind man can see it mid table mediocre team once again.
When he gets the bump the Pollok finances may take a hit just saying.

Obviously irks you greatly that Rob Roy are doing so well the now so you come on and make these cheap jibes, it's all you have as your own club stagnate into nothingness.

Love these things!

I'm not going to include any Troon players (cos I'd end up filling it with only Troon players!) but my team would be:

GK: Jordan Longmuir (Pollok)
RB: Connor McGlinchey (Beith)
CB: Craig Menzies (Glenafton)
CB: Martin McGoldrick (Talbot)
LB: Mark Sideserf (Pollok)
RW: Paul McKenzie (Hurlford)
CM: Davie Anderson (Kilbirnie)
CM: Cammy Marlow (Glenafton)
LW: Gary McCann (Pollok)
CF: Allan McKenzie (Pollok)
CF: Keir Milliken (Talbot)

SUBS:
Kieran Hughes (Kilbirnie)
Iain Fisher (Largs)
Jamie Wilson (Beith)
Paul Frize (Beith)
Darren Christie (Beith)

33 minutes ago, rednblack said:

And the Pollok manager has lost the dressing room as obvious by comments made on social media by players start with by asking one of your full backs .He and his backroom team are a busted flush a blind man can see it mid table mediocre team once again.
When he gets the bump the Pollok finances may take a hit just saying.

Obviously irks you greatly that Rob Roy are doing so well the now so you come on and make these cheap jibes, it's all you have as your own club stagnate into nothingness.

What comments is that then? I remember the last time Rob Roy fans tried to manufacture that there was a problem in our dressing room :) Good memories! For a thread that hadn't mentioned a manager or was particularly about Pollok you sure brought up your favourite person quickly!

Archived