Elgin vs Clyde

Barry Barry now u realise what a job Jim Duffy did this idiot destroyed a team then did so on numerous occasions their after time this lad moved on to govan and made celtics 10 in a row a reality Clyde deserve better than this the young lad fergie has dissapeared under his stewardship old heads all the time with him

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, plug mac said:

Barry Barry now u realise what a job Jim Duffy did this idiot destroyed a team then did so on numerous occasions their after time this lad moved on to govan and made celtics 10 in a row a reality Clyde deserve better than this the young lad fergie has dissapeared under his stewardship old heads all the time with him

I should have taken Flemish at O grade and then I could have responded.

18 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

At the start of the season Higgins was playing up top with MacDonald. Easton was creating plenty of chances for the both of them.

Since Higgins has played in midfield or just behind the front two he has contributed very little. Today was the first time he has scored from that position and has a grand total of zero assists. Easton has 9 assists from the same position despite not playing since September.

Higgins is just one of a number of players who are playing out of position or shouldn't be in the team at all which has contributed to this awful run.

Aye, I'd agree with you to the letter there.

I actually cited similar stats on a post following our last match with... Montrose? If I mind right. Point being: we'll get something from him if the team looks a certain way. But you can't sign players like that in the main. Related point: that does, in an honest analysis, elevate him above someone like Johnston who's a perma-problem.

3 hours ago, roberts said:

http://www.elgincity.net/?page_id=4854 it really was this one-sided. Thought the ref set out has stall early, and was consistent throughout. Could he ref all our gamesemoji23.png

I enjoyed that. City should have been 3 up before they went in front. Seemed to be a good wee crowd?

Our abject performance shouldn't take away from a right good result for Elgin unless there is doctoring of the highlights on a scale that north Korea would be proud of , it's clear they ran all over the top of us over the past couple of seasons I think Elgin have been one of the best teams to watch in the league

We were bad first half but the game was tighter in the 2nd and we should have got another goal if mackenzie had squared to flynn but Elgin deserved to win on their first half performance alone. The officials were awful, we were awful and the journey back was awful. 

Apart from this did you have a good day out ?

Good result for us without really hitting the heights. We Didna get the ball down enough for me but wind didna help the game nor the usual Clyde spoiling tactics (all part of the game before you moan). Clyde are a shadow of the team that played us last year. In my opinion, too many ageing, unfit players, who having played at a higher level have no real motivation. Your young goalie looks as though he may be a player though.

4 going on 14. Must be the worst performance from any team in this division this season. Lowland league beckoning.

Don't you know he is hitting the football objectives set by the Board:)

Get with the programme

Archived