Elgin vs Clyde

Nothing like rocking up the a9 the night before,staying in a upper class budget hotel getting a nice slap up meals on wheels provided for you . All that to still get spanked 4-1 . Fair play to whoever put up the funding but sometimes as a part time player you just got sit on your arse for 3.5 hours and go out and do the business . I would hate to see elgins hotel bill for The season if they had a overnighter every game they played over 2 hours of  Travel. 

You won't get any disagreement from clyde fans

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing like rocking up the a9 the night before,staying in a upper class budget hotel getting a nice slap up meals on wheels provided for you . All that to still get spanked 4-1 . Fair play to whoever put up the funding but sometimes as a part time player you just got sit on your arse for 3.5 hours and go out and do the business . I would hate to see elgins hotel bill for The season if they had a overnighter every game they played over 2 hours of  Travel. 

There'll be no budget for that malarkey in the Lowland League. To Innerleithen, Hawick, or Dalbeattie and back in a day - not sure your pampered 'stars' will cope.

Higgins, for all the passenger he is, has at least made some telling contributions this season; having made an unusual effort to bolster his fitness pre-season. And, again quite differently from Johnston or Gormley etc, had a relatively successful senior career behind him. That's the difference.

Other than a few goals Higgins has been completely anonymous in ALL games. How many games would we have performed better in if we didn't start a man down? Especially in the position he plays.

I don't care about his fitness or his previous career. He has offered nothing to Clyde in a season and a half.

He is different from the others in that you don't notice him in a game. He's anonymous. At least the other two try to get involved in the match.

For an experienced professional that's inexcusable.

Well it's time the owners questioned the board

If you are not a member everyone needs to that's the only way that will force change. Before anyone has a go I don't agree with the CIC but that's the only way to force change.

The people on the board have the power to remove a manager and still they haven't. The league record is awful no other club would keep a manager with this record.

Questions need to be put to the board on this matter.

The board are failing in their duties to safeguard the club.

Any comments from Barry Ferguson post match yet?

Maybe they'll just use the recordings from all the other identical post match interviews

It's just no happninn foar the boys the nooo, thot we made far too menee mistakes ooot there, they've showd there class with a cuppal ah well taken goals, av told the boys it's just no good enuff and there'll be changies ahead oh the game next week ahts for syooor. I'll see them on Tyooosday night and we'll start look forward tae next week

39 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Other than a few goals Higgins has been completely anonymous in ALL games. How many games would we have performed better in if we didn't start a man down? Especially in the position he plays.

I don't care about his fitness or his previous career. He has offered nothing to Clyde in a season and a half.

That's only the point I was making. I agree with what Clyde01 posted.

If you consider the period from August to November or December(ish). Seven goals and two assists therein isn't nothing especially out of maybe 15 or games. I made a point a while back demonstrating that his goals, for example against Cowden, had been the difference between 3 points and 0 points for us on several occasions.

It's just no happninn foar the boys the nooo, thot we made far too menee mistakes ooot there, they've showd there class with a cuppal ah well taken goals, av told the boys it's just no good enuff and there'll be changies ahead oh the game next week ahts for syooor. I'll see them on Tyooosday night and we'll start look forward tae next week

When did Barry ferguson become Welsh [emoji12]

At the start of the season Higgins was playing up top with MacDonald. Easton was creating plenty of chances for the both of them.

Since Higgins has played in midfield or just behind the front two he has contributed very little. Today was the first time he has scored from that position and has a grand total of zero assists. Easton has 9 assists from the same position despite not playing since September.

Higgins is just one of a number of players who are playing out of position or shouldn't be in the team at all which has contributed to this awful run.

That's only the point I was making. I agree with what Clyde01 posted.

If you consider the period from August to November or December(ish). Seven goals and two assists therein isn't nothing especially out of maybe 15 or games. I made a point a while back demonstrating that his goals, for example against Cowden, had been the difference between 3 points and 0 points for us on several occasions.

His goals might have secured 3 points in the games you refer to. That's his job!! It happens much too rarely.

I would not be surprised if his goals were the one of only a few touches of the ball he had in those games.

Two assists in the position behind the striker is outrageously bad. Darren Miller, as I've stated on another post, has one. Matty Flynn has as many in a fraction of games.

I'm sorry but sprinting with your arms out towards an opposition full back or goalkeeper does not justify selection.

Was a tad peed off about dylan going there but he'll fit in fine with his diving and silly falling down gormley does at times

Pleased today we got a win against clyde eventually and glad theres a ref that doesnt put up with there stupid fouling

Rubbish. Every single outfield player bar the subs. Maybe McNiff didn't do much wrong when on the pitch. An absolute joke that Flynn and McNiff are taken off when Smith and Higgins (who should have been sent off) were putting in two of the worst performances I've seen in some time. McMillan with a ridiculous pair of tackles for his red card. McKenzie lots of effort but couldn't square a simple pass to Flynn to equalise in the first half. 
We were so bad it covered up the most biased refereeing performance since he reffed us against Forfar. Blatant shirt pull right in front of him on Perry at our first corner, a really poor penalty decision to make it 2-0 and missed a handball right before the fourth at a time when we'd had a couple  of chances to make it 3-2. Like I said, we didn't help ourselves with constant dissent and some dreadful tackles. Shouldn't detract from BF and the team's ineptitude but I spend most of the year being fair to officials so I'm entitled to moan when they're that bad.
I really don't want to take anything away from Elgin. Three top players in Reilly, Cameron and Sutherland (we were lucky he actually had a poor game today). Too good for us today and they should be closer to the top. 
Only positive is the train journey home. Davie Somers the ex-ref offering out sandwiches and some howlers on a hen night stripping off and missing their stop. Surreal doesn't cover it.

Pics or GTF

3 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Add poor referee to the tiredness excuse

Any advances on two excuses ?

450 were at Ayr. 450 weren't at Elgin. So it's the fans' fault, but when's it ever been otherwise?

Incidentally, re lack of chairman, tread carefully. The final nail's already hovering over the coffin. If any of the previous incumbents from the past 10 years decide to reprise their role to prove a point down comes the hammer

I'd rather do without. 

Despite the fact we live in an age where everyone wants position but not the responsibility that goes with it, just to be clear :

The club's directors ARE responsible for the way the club is run. The manager given a number of years in the role IS responsible for performances and results. And players, YOU are also responsible for your performances irrespective how you view management

All of you, grow up and get your fucking act together

How the hell can clyde play like they did midweek then get beaten so convincingly ! I attended the game with ayr and although not super !, i was impressed with the effort

and play produced by clyde , and was  a little surprised considering your league position . ..WTF ?

Archived