Elgin vs Clyde

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utter shambles again. Making that fat, tanned joker Higgins captain the latest in a line of laughable decisions.

I would say time to go but that has long past. Time for some serious action from the support to show our discontent for this clown. Anybody still defending him at this point can f**k off too.

Horrible performance. The handball in the run up to the fourth goal summed the officials up. 7 yellow cards and a red he gave us. 
Elgin played well enough and fully deserve the win. 
From what I've been told today, don't expect Barry to leave anytime soon unless he resigns but that's almost never going to happen. Personally I think he runs the club from top to bottom. It's happened before and we slid right down the leagues and it's happpening again. 
We just never learn. 

Well it's time the owners questioned the board

Phil Johnston has great recovery pace. Annan said McNiff was a left back ergo he should be. It's clearly Higgins's fault - where was he? Shh. Shh. Don't say anything about Perry or Smith being lummoxes. And remember... We're spoiled with Barry.

Cue Michael Oliver obsession jokes and charges of arrogance: d'you know better than Barry!?

Barry Ferguson selects Johnston, McLaughlin, Higgins and Gormley every match they are available.
It's obvious why we're in the lowly league position.
He's a shit manager and they're shit players.

And the club allows him to carry on regardless that's where the real problem lies

Phil Johnston has great recovery pace. Annan said McNiff was a left back ergo he should be. It's clearly Higgins's fault - where was he? Shh. Shh. Don't say anything about Perry or Smith being lummoxes. And remember... We're spoiled with Barry.

Cue Michael Oliver obsession jokes and charges of arrogance: d'you know better than Barry!?

Phil Johnston is shite and his perseverance with him at RB is alone a sackable offence but Higgins has been a passenger for months. Making him captain today was like an insult to the fans. Smith and Perry have their faults but after binning marsh we have nobody better for those positions.

Underachieving though..!?!?!?!??

When will pundits like Derek Ferguson and those who are not fans of L2 clubs see that these players are just pish?

I slaughtered Ferguson after we pumped you 4-0 and said he was a terrible manager and then after you beat us for 5 in the cup a few days later you all used it as a girfuy to me and told me I was havering shite. :lol:

Karma.

21 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Phil Johnston is shite and his perseverance with him at RB is alone a sackable offence but Higgins has been a passenger for months. Making him captain today was like an insult to the fans. Smith and Perry have their faults but after binning marsh we have nobody better for those positions.

I agree. But don't tell me we'd have turned a corner but for Higgins's involvement. What? We're so fragile a team that the presence of Higgins means four goals go to our opponents today. Come on. I'd love to see a more useful player in his place. Someone whose performance isn't so extremely dependent on the performances of those around him. But let's have it right. That still puts Higgins in a category apart from some of the others. With the likes of Johnston, we can look back on highlights of the goals the guy has cost us by his own hand. Or foot, as it were. There's really no use for him. Higgins, for all the passenger he is, has at least made some telling contributions this season; having made an unusual effort to bolster his fitness pre-season. And, again quite differently from Johnston or Gormley etc, had a relatively successful senior career behind him. That's the difference.

Not to be slippery, though. Like you, I'd look to replace players who aren't robustly dependable. In that sense, they're all one to me.

Bottom line: who puts them on the park? He's on borrowed time.

Rubbish. Every single outfield player bar the subs. Maybe McNiff didn't do much wrong when on the pitch. An absolute joke that Flynn and McNiff are taken off when Smith and Higgins (who should have been sent off) were putting in two of the worst performances I've seen in some time. McMillan with a ridiculous pair of tackles for his red card. McKenzie lots of effort but couldn't square a simple pass to Flynn to equalise in the first half. 

We were so bad it covered up the most biased refereeing performance since he reffed us against Forfar. Blatant shirt pull right in front of him on Perry at our first corner, a really poor penalty decision to make it 2-0 and missed a handball right before the fourth at a time when we'd had a couple  of chances to make it 3-2. Like I said, we didn't help ourselves with constant dissent and some dreadful tackles. Shouldn't detract from BF and the team's ineptitude but I spend most of the year being fair to officials so I'm entitled to moan when they're that bad.

I really don't want to take anything away from Elgin. Three top players in Reilly, Cameron and Sutherland (we were lucky he actually had a poor game today). Too good for us today and they should be closer to the top. 

Only positive is the train journey home. Davie Somers the ex-ref offering out sandwiches and some howlers on a hen night stripping off and missing their stop. Surreal doesn't cover it.

Nothing like rocking up the a9 the night before,staying in a upper class budget hotel getting a nice slap up meals on wheels provided for you . All that to still get spanked 4-1 . Fair play to whoever put up the funding but sometimes as a part time player you just got sit on your arse for 3.5 hours and go out and do the business . I would hate to see elgins hotel bill for The season if they had a overnighter every game they played over 2 hours of  Travel. 

Archived