Hawick Duo Resign

Betty Swollocks

The club would like to announce that Team Manager Dean Shanks and Assistant Team Manager Dean Robertson have decided to call it a day at the club. On behalf of all involved with the club, players and committee I would like to thank them for all their hard work, time and effort they have put in to bring the club to where it stands today. This includes the transition from East of Scotland league in season 2015-16 to Lowland League in 2016-17 along with reaching the third round of the William Hill Scottish Cup back in November 2016 and this month reaching the semi-finals of the Football Nation Qualifying Cup. What an achievement this has been for the club. Thank you once again for all your efforts guys and don't be a stranger. There is always a place at Hawick Royal Albert FC for you guys.

Daniel Drummond, Assistant Secretary
On behalf of Hawick Royal Albert FC

1 hour ago, Betty Swollocks said:

The club would like to announce that Team Manager Dean Shanks and Assistant Team Manager Dean Robertson have decided to call it a day at the club. On behalf of all involved with the club, players and committee I would like to thank them for all their hard work, time and effort they have put in to bring the club to where it stands today. This includes the transition from East of Scotland league in season 2015-16 to Lowland League in 2016-17 along with reaching the third round of the William Hill Scottish Cup back in November 2016 and this month reaching the semi-finals of the Football Nation Qualifying Cup. What an achievement this has been for the club. Thank you once again for all your efforts guys and don't be a stranger. There is always a place at Hawick Royal Albert FC for you guys.

Daniel Drummond, Assistant Secretary
On behalf of Hawick Royal Albert FC

Pretty gutted at the moment and extremely  shocked tbh

had the pleasure many occasion to chat with the guys and very genuine football men very young but think they could do well. 

I believe dean is due his first kid in the coming weeks so no doubt have a big factor on the decision.

if I'm honest I'm pretty worried for Hra

On 14/02/2017 at 21:10, nakedrambler said:

Pretty gutted at the moment and extremely  shocked tbh

had the pleasure many occasion to chat with the guys and very genuine football men very young but think they could do well. 

I believe dean is due his first kid in the coming weeks so no doubt have a big factor on the decision.

if I'm honest I'm pretty worried for Hra

Saturday against Civil S.S. was like watching the Albert from 4/5 years ago. Lack of sharpness, accuracy in passing and a defence that was totally disorganised. Let's hope the new boys at the helm get this sorted pronto or we'll be back in the E.O.S. next season.

Regardless of the previous manager's wife expecting twins, it seems to me that both he and his side-kick jumped ship before it totally sinks as they knew the Albert were on the slippery slope after recent results and they couldn't come up with the cure to halt the decline.

41 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

Saturday against Civil S.S. was like watching the Albert from 4/5 years ago. Lack of sharpness, accuracy in passing and a defence that was totally disorganised. Let's hope the new boys at the helm get this sorted pronto or we'll be back in the E.O.S. next season.

Regardless of the previous manager's wife expecting twins, it seems to me that both he and his side-kick jumped ship before it totally sinks as they knew the Albert were on the slippery slope after recent results and they couldn't come up with the cure to halt the decline.

Was at the game Saturday and 2-1 the lad Morris should have scored to go 3-1 up!game over

Having your first kids due in 2 weeks which I original thought was 1 kid when actually twins you'd expect him to be as committed as before.??

Shanks gave everything to this club turned around from shambolic to respectable and still getting folk having a go?

you really have it in for him slavery swollocks.and I'm guessing your part of the problem within Albert board/committee

6 hours ago, nakedrambler said:

Was at the game Saturday and 2-1 the lad Morris should have scored to go 3-1 up!game over

Having your first kids due in 2 weeks which I original thought was 1 kid when actually twins you'd expect him to be as committed as before.??

Shanks gave everything to this club turned around from shambolic to respectable and still getting folk having a go?

you really have it in for him slavery swollocks.and I'm guessing your part of the problem within Albert board/committee

Why do people always blame the board/committee when talking about Hawick? I have nothing to do with any board or commitee btw.

Ok I suppose Dean would have to take time off but he had an 'assistant' who could have taken over the helm in his absence.

Anyhow, look at the stats. One win in the league since 2nd October 2016 just isn't good enough. Recently in the league we've shipped 5 against Civil, 7 against Dalbeattie, 5 against G.F.R., 3 against Whitehill, 9 against Spartans and to top it off, beaten by bottom of the league Preston.

Stop looking through rose-tinted spectacles chaps!

Jumped ship? Have they moved on to another club? Have been impressed by both of the young lads and have seen them at various games over the season watching games.

As I said in another topic I have seen Hawick twice in the last couple of weeks and they played really well in both and got to their first semi final in years.

Anyone in East of Scotland/Lowland league football will tell you Hawick have punched massively above their weight since the new team has come in. I remember going to the borders two seasons ago and it was a matter of how many you would score against Hawick. They rapid turnaround has been interesting to watch but most would tell you as soon as borders side gets a good side it only last for a year to year and a half. Travelling/attracting players always becomes a issue.

Think the Hawick supporters have to remember you were elected into the lowland league not promoted. Yes you had a great season last year and have held your on this season added to the fact your run in the Scottish that nobody expected.Heavy defeats was always to be expected but I cannot see Hawick finishing bottom but from what I heard on Saturday they were a shambles!. Next year will be the real challenge as losing the management team is a blow but I'd fully expect that they brought players down there so might find a few of their better players move on in off season.

3 hours ago, Betty Swollocks said:

Why do people always blame the board/committee when talking about Hawick? I have nothing to do with any board or commitee btw.

Ok I suppose Dean would have to take time off but he had an 'assistant' who could have taken over the helm in his absence.

Anyhow, look at the stats. One win in the league since 2nd October 2016 just isn't good enough. Recently in the league we've shipped 5 against Civil, 7 against Dalbeattie, 5 against G.F.R., 3 against Whitehill, 9 against Spartans and to top it off, beaten by bottom of the league Preston.

Stop looking through rose-tinted spectacles chaps!

Totally agree with recent results being bad swollocks and this is where I believe the committee hasn't helped.when playing week in week out there results are more than decent.The committee put games off far too early the guys couldn't get a run of games

As for the number 2 he works backshifts.So training was once a week when possible and without the manager there due to his family commitments wasn't fair on players.But these guys were and are still respected by the players.You might see this with players leaving and struggle to field a team!!

as far what I heard Saturday at the game from a player also goes to prove how much a joke the committee are!theyve got a new guy in for 4 weeks who's earning more than some players are recieving all season.panic station to me!

17 hours ago, uptheslope said:

Kevin Milne appointed as Manager assisted by Grant Scott

Begin with the EOS Qualifying Cup SF tonight. Must be few bigger games to debut in, anyway - cup SF, with a first final in a generation up for grabs as well as another SF at home to an SPFL team defeated earlier in the season.

First of all as a fan I want to thank Dean and his staff for all that they did at the club. What a fantastic job they done. Teams never got an easy time home or away under the previous management team and for a hawick team that is unheard of. 
Secondly , I think swallocks should start concentrating on backing the new management team rather than criticize the work that Dean and his team did. 
I wish Dean shanks, Dean Robertson, Scott McKenzie and Alistair McVeigh all the best and hope they get back in the game at some point as they are a very good, young ambitious team. 

Also I want to wish Kevin and grant all the best at hawick and hopefully they can keep the good work going. They will need time to stamp there own style on things but I have heard good things about them and hopefully they get the support from the club. 

Archived