Scottish cup holders vs Hearts

Dudu Dahan pal

7 minutes ago, O-Bizzle said:

Agreed with everything there apart from the bolded. I don't agree with that, and what you've gone on to say doesn't really follow on.

It's clear to see that Cathro didn't like the squad he inherited, so he wanted to rip it up. January just isn't the time to do complete squad rebuilds (but in hindsight now the decision whether or not to do that is 50:50). The club backed him, so that's at least a positive. 

This Hearts squad is not in Cathro's image. The squad at the end of the Summer transfer window will be in his image. That's when I will do my judging.

You'll know more about Cathro than me but from the very little I've seen of the guy, he seems a bit of a wet blanket. Coming out in the press to greet about a player being injured e.g...again, I've seen similar at Hibs recently and found it embarrassing. 

I (and the entire Scottish sports media) are dangerously close to cliche with the YE'VE GOAT TAE WIN YER BATTLES analysis of the two derbies but there is something to be said for Hibs completely dominating the games in terms of aggression. Maybe I'm making connections that aren't actually there but when it's a team with 7 of the manager's signings (Lennon only had 3 in his team btw) and they collectively seem like a gang of bitches, it doesn't strike me as a total coincidence.

Overall, you're right to judge him next year though. Although I think there's already some slight revisionism (from other jambos) with some of the "piss with the cock you've got" type statements. He did take over a team two points off second. Not to say he won't turn it around but the last window looks like a massive mistake already.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You'll know more about Cathro than me but from the very little I've seen of the guy, he seems a bit of a wet blanket. Coming out in the press to greet about a player being injured e.g...again, I've seen similar at Hibs recently and found it embarrassing. 
I (and the entire Scottish sports media) are dangerously close to cliche with the YE'VE GOAT TAE WIN YER BATTLES analysis of the two derbies but there is something to be said for Hibs completely dominating the games in terms of aggression. Maybe I'm making connections that aren't actually there but when it's a team with 7 of the manager's signings (Lennon only had 3 in his team btw) and they collectively seem like a gang of bitches, it doesn't strike me as a total coincidence.
Overall, you're right to judge him next year though. Although I think there's already some slight revisionism (from other jambos) with some of the "piss with the cock you've got" type statements. He did take over a team two points off second. Not to say he won't turn it around but the last window looks like a massive mistake already.

Thing is, against Rangers a few weeks ago (certainly first half hour) we went and "wun wur battles" as Yogi would say. So we can do it, which makes the Derby performances all the mor frustrating.
He took over the team in second but it's pretty much a new team, mid-season, not really by his choice (I don't think).
You're right though, essentially it's suck it up for now (as is the way after Derby defeat) and give it time.

I love being much better than Hearts these days, it's fucking brilliant. Much better support too. 

Who the f**k go to a derby as a neutral and think to themselves "I wish I supported Hearts, it's fucking brilliant in their end" I can invisage in a couple years time hearts are winning a big game, fans are rocking ( I know, I know) when over the tannoy a message comes on "beeeeep this is a message from queen Ann, sit your arse doon" 

surprised stupid c**t has the nerve to post on here after he failed to turn up at the back of the east stand yesterday. I was waiting from 1900 hours to 1915 and you failed to show. Coward. A typical *** coward. I hope you get shat on by a seagull the next time you venture out from you bedroom you wee twat. Yeah, no so mouthy now eh?

ETA- here we go two in a rowwwwwww 

1 hour ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

surprised stupid c**t has the nerve to post on here after he failed to turn up at the back of the east stand yesterday. I was waiting from 1900 hours to 1915 and you failed to show. Coward. A typical *** coward. I hope you get shat on by a seagull the next time you venture out from you bedroom you wee twat. Yeah, no so mouthy now eh?

:lol: 

4 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Cummings sets the standard for celebrations.

Look at that double cup kiss with upward lift: a 1.0 difficulty, but the execution was flawless - earning him an unprecedented score of 2105.16.

Even Holt's quadruple Hulk with downward roly-poly into an upward double dab - a 3.1 difficulty celebration - was only good enough for a score of 1902.15.

E44fbdU.gif

14 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Aye so you did right enuff fat boy, another girly gang member on ignore. I suppose he was there with the green brigade and Dumbonga.

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

I agree, it maybe seems Lennons outburst after the game on Saturdays game was the boot up the arse they needed

I disagree. Lennon deserves a lot of credit for the two games. Nailed the tactics with the shitfest diamond for Hearts' tattiefield and surprisingly attacking lineup at home.

Finding it a bit cringeworthy that he couldn't wait to attribute it all to his comments though. Hibs have been good in these games and often frustrating against Raith/Ayr types for a while. The person to thank for Hibs' improvement in these situations is Alan Stubbs. I dont believe any of them needed motivation for Wed.

If we go and win 10+ of our last 12 games, I'll credit Lennon's rant as significant. Wont happen though, we'll throw in a few shitey games in the next few months and Lennon will be fizzing.

I said after the Raith game that Hibs will probably play well on Wednesday regardless.  We've seen it so often before.  This Saturday will be a good test as to how serious the players took the outburst from Lennon, another performance like midweek should see a real pumping being issued.

59 minutes ago, Kool Keith said:

I said after the Raith game that Hibs will probably play well on Wednesday regardless.  We've seen it so often before.  This Saturday will be a good test as to how serious the players took the outburst from Lennon, another performance like midweek should see a real pumping being issued.

Now now

Archived