Raith v Hibs

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Managers' Reactions

Rovers manager John Hughes: "I'm happy with the result.

"Maybe the substitutes I made put us on the back foot rather than on the front foot. I maybe should have just waited a little bit. Hibs were chasing the game.

"In terms of commitment, organisation and shape, we were there. It took a wonderful free-kick for Hibernian to draw level and we were hard to beat."

Hibs boss Neil Lennon: "We were an absolute disgrace - a disgrace.

"We had the right colour (yellow) of jersey on today. You can't turn up and play for 30 minutes. We were abject.

"We are going for a title here and trying to extend our lead but we totally disrespected the opponent. I am not happy with that at all, and that is creeping in far too often."

Anyone hear Lennon's heads gone interview [emoji38]
The sort that gets everyone fired up or you lose the dressing room. 

Listened to Lennon on the way home from morton game and thought he came across very well. I think he'll get a positive reaction. As potential rivals I'd have been happier if he had said the usual bland manager comments and continued drawing games. He'll get hibs up

I think we only ended up having the one shot on target, but it was a disciplined performance where, in the first half, we showed a lot of willingness to move the ball forward. Considering we'd had two make shift defences in our last two games against Hibs, we've done excellent but I think the fact we've still not lost to them speaks more about their finishing than it does about our defence. 

It was good to be in a far more positive south stand today. Nobody was a passenger and it was especially good to see Coustrain come on and put in a very solid performance. If we can get him to full fitness, and play him with Barr then it would offer a lot of creativity. Considering the result of the Dumbarton game, we've came out of today quite nicely. Our next three matches will have a huge bearing on our season. We need to start winning games, and if we can go out and put in the effort we did today against the teams about us I'd be quietly confident. 

No offence to the Raith lads but I'd genuinely kill myself if I stayed here. I'm in the Raven and I'm sure everycunt is related.

Strange one , I was in the raven and everyone seemed to be a Hibee , no offence just saying!

25 minutes ago, rw89 said:

I think we only ended up having the one shot on target, but it was a disciplined performance where, in the first half, we showed a lot of willingness to move the ball forward. Considering we'd had two make shift defences in our last two games against Hibs, we've done excellent but I think the fact we've still not lost to them speaks more about their finishing than it does about our defence. 

It was good to be in a far more positive south stand today. Nobody was a passenger and it was especially good to see Coustrain come on and put in a very solid performance. If we can get him to full fitness, and play him with Barr then it would offer a lot of creativity. Considering the result of the Dumbarton game, we've came out of today quite nicely. Our next three matches will have a huge bearing on our season. We need to start winning games, and if we can go out and put in the effort we did today against the teams about us I'd be quietly confident. 

I don't know about no passengers,I don't think Bobby Barr contributed much and Johnson and McManus for the time they were on produced little

I'd like to say that was an off day but I've seen too many of those performances this season. 3 years we have played that diamond against teams that sit in and counter, it doesn't work. The whole first half from a hibs point of view was far to narrow, the game needed to be opened up, he brought on Humphrey too late and Boyle even later. Fyvies form worries me, I'm one of his biggest fans but since his injury he's been really poor, he was anonymous today IMO. Feel really sorry for JC who has got f**k all service all season and yet still seems to dig us out of a hole every week. 

As mentioned earlier its hard to say but I thought the 3 subs Hughes made swung the game in our favour. Taking off that c**t Stevenson seemed to lose Raith their focal point of attack and nothing stuck up front after he went off and allowed us to keep pressure on Raith further up the park. M'Voto and Benedictus looked good again but Hibs played to their strengths by launching balls in the box rather than trying to get in behind the full backs and turn them. 

Draw a fair result overall I thought. 

Agree about the diamond formation, it's fucking shite. 

Fyvie's problem is he can't play next to Bartley out on that right sideish. Not really his game and I'd play Fyvie over Bartley in games like today anyway. Where the f**k is McGeouch as well? 

Let's just get out this league, man.

Abysmal performance today if we're being honest. I didn't think we'd see a performance as bad as the first half against Ayr again, but today pushed it close.

Lennon was bang on the money with his comments post match.

Don't think we learnt too much today. The same players that were rubbish for Locke were rubbish today and we still struggled badly to create chances. It was a decent enough point but, again, we also managed draws against Hibs under Locke.

The next few games are the acid test for us and will probably decide whether we stay up or not.

Don't think we learnt too much today. The same players that were rubbish for Locke were rubbish today and we still struggled badly to create chances. It was a decent enough point but, again, we also managed draws against Hibs under Locke.

The next few games are the acid test for us and will probably decide whether we stay up or not.

You're just never pleased are you? Who was rubbish today in your opinion?

1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Agree about the diamond formation, it's fucking shite. 

Fyvie's problem is he can't play next to Bartley out on that right sideish. Not really his game and I'd play Fyvie over Bartley in games like today anyway. Where the f**k is McGeouch as well? 

Let's just get out this league, man.

Had heard McGeouch wouldn't play for us again as him And Lennon had a fall out.

im not sure on how true that is though considering he's been on the bench a few times recently.

53 minutes ago, Alyn Stevenson said:

You're just never pleased are you? Who was rubbish today in your opinion?

Its a fair enough comment and nothing was said about anyone being rubbish. I thought we started better but faded again, which we usually did under Locke, so no change there. It'll take a couple of games for Hughes to find his best set up, I do think we're less likely to go down now, just because Hughes will change things until he gets them playing how he wants.

Its a fair enough comment and nothing was said about anyone being rubbish. I thought we started better but faded again, which we usually did under Locke, so no change there. It'll take a couple of games for Hughes to find his best set up, I do think we're less likely to go down now, just because Hughes will change things until he gets them playing how he wants.

He literally said "the same players who were rubbish for Locke were rubbish today" I understand that it will take time for Hughes to put his mark on the team and that we performed well in other big games this season under Locke, but what pleased me most about today was we didn't just hit the ball as hard as we could at the strikers, we played some decent football today.

Archived