Dumbarton V Ayr United 18/2/17

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, untitled00 said:

In my defence i was trying not to get an image of the Ayr jakey who'd snuck a can into a pub that's £2.50 for a pint... Not my fault the dad made it look creepy as f**k....

Were you on the pitch at Hampden in May?

I agree with the Smith substitution; we were absolutely bossing it up until that change with young mcrorie coming on.

Didnt think the ref had a bad game at all, other than the foul against nade which led to his booking and a lack of injury time at the end of the game.

A really strange goal in all, as soon as ayr lost their man they retreated and stood right off us. It seemed to be if or when we'd score.

Then they just seemed to change their approach with five or ten minutes left, it was like something from a boxing movie with the old rope a dope. By that point our concentration and pace had dropped.

Would have taken a draw but not content given the circumstances.

I agree with the Smith substitution; we were absolutely bossing it up until that change with young mcrorie coming on.

Didnt think the ref had a bad game at all, other than the foul against nade which led to his booking and a lack of injury time at the end of the game.

A really strange game in all, as soon as ayr lost their man they retreated and stood right off us. It seemed to be if or when we'd score.

Then they just seemed to change their approach with five or ten minutes left, it was like something from a boxing movie with the old rope a dope. By that point our concentration and pace had dropped.

Would have taken a draw but not content given the circumstances.

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I'd post something smug about how well the Dumbarton fans are taking this but after following Ayr all my life I'll refrain cause f**k knows what will happen over the next few weeks.

They can say all they like about how we haven't gained anything on them (without a hint of irony given how they reacted after the 4-4 game) but a point in those circumstances feels more like a win. Onto St Mirren now.

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

2-0 DOWN, ONLY 10 MEN, OUR BEST PLAYERS OFF THE PARK, INJURY TIME

HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA.

2-2 FINAL SCORE

HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA.

download.jpg

Take a fucking bow boys.

That takes some doing, playing with 10 men for the majority of the game, being outplayed for long spells but still having the will to play to the end, the mental fortitude to go the distance.

Them are large Ayrshire bollocks. That dressing room'll do for me!

In my defence i was trying too get an image of the Ayr jakey who'd snuck a can into a pub that's £2.50 for a pint... Not my fault the dad made it look creepy as f**k....

You backtrackin, old boy? What IS creepy is some f'in ponce crawlin around takin pics of children wi their parents. What is wrong with you? What filthy thoughts are in your head?

I'm still breathless. What a fucking finish!

I think wee Ross docherty will feel very relieved tonight, as his moronic challenge almost cost us dear. Any ayr fan complaining about the ref is being ridiculous. Clear red, and the nade one just wasn't the same.

I thought we came out in the second half and looked OK. We got it down and played a wee bit, and got into some areas. But the goal was coming, and arguably the second one too. It's bloody difficult enough competing in this league without being a man down.

I thought Jamie Adams was very good today, battling and winning some big clearing headers. And his run at the end (aided by an amazing wee on-the-ground pass from Craig moore) summed up his performance.

I'm still breathless. What a fucking finish!

I think wee Ross docherty will feel very relieved tonight, as his moronic challenge almost cost us dear. Any ayr fan complaining about the ref is being ridiculous. Clear red, and the nade one just wasn't the same.

I thought we came out in the second half and looked OK. We got it down and played a wee bit, and got into some areas. But the goal was coming, and arguably the second one too. It's bloody difficult enough competing in this league without being a man down.

I thought Jamie Adams was very good today, battling and winning some big clearing headers. And his run at the end (aided by an amazing wee on-the-ground pass from Craig moore) summed up his performance.

At last a sensible post from an Ayr fan on how the match went.

McCall got very lucky today. Who in their right mind signs a natural wide player, plays him up front and then sticks the two slowest players in the league on either wing. Utterly baffling. Needs to get a grip or we are down. The sending off didn't even change anything, the game continued in the exact same way.

Just watched the post match interviews on Ayr utd Tv.

What's McCall rabbiting on about? 'Need to turn away draws into wins'. Not the right kind of comment after that match.

'Down to 10 men for 80%of the game.' Can't do basic arithmetic.

'Stonewall penalty for handball during the 2nd half'. How can he not just admit his team got away with one there?

36 minutes ago, untitled00 said:

In my defence i was trying too get an image of the Ayr jakey who'd snuck a can into a pub that's £2.50 for a pint... Not my fault the dad made it look creepy as f**k....

You didn't get the image you wanted but you still chose to post it. The only person looking "creepy as fuck" here is you tbh.

Archived