PENICUICK V ROB ROY SCOTTISH CUP

cloughy

25 minutes ago, The REAL Rookie Cookie said:

Exactly you didnt see the match - we've moved on but discussing our opinions on here is what happens is it not? Or because we lost should we just disappear?

See you Saturday where i am confident the best team will win!!

I remember you mate !!!! Exactly the same behaviour when the Talbot gave yous a pumping in the Scottish a few years ago . 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, The REAL Rookie Cookie said:

Exactly you didnt see the match - we've moved on but discussing our opinions on here is what happens is it not? Or because we lost should we just disappear?

See you Saturday where i am confident the best team will win!!

Morning Cookie. Of course you should discuss your opinions, maybe I chose some of my wording wrongly. I still think that blaming a referee is an easy way out of explaining a defeat, and I would include any of my supporters in this, if they wrote about this. But that is one person's views and I am aware that not all of us will agree with each other.

I'm also looking forward to Saturday. Although Penicuik are much higher than us in the league, I do think we can come away with three points from the game. Time will tell, and I hope it is a good match.

Mate the bottom line is your out !!! Can understand refs can be shambolic at time but because he was calling players with their first names what's that got to do with the football that is played on the park . Wasn't their but after watching the highlights the better team won on the day in my view . Have always said that's the west is in a different mould than in the east when it comes to junior football has been for a few years and it shows 

Dont remember that - beaten by a far better team that day and dont recsll the ref playing any part in it.

Ah does that comment make you feel better have little dig.
Guess i could comeback with something but i won't just makes me laugh like a comment from a guy at the end shouting along the lines of that team won't go any further with that defence, priceless. We have proven ourselves to be a good side this season even though i would say we only played to 70/75 per cent of our potential on Saturday.

Mate the bottom line is your out !!! Can understand refs can be shambolic at time but because he was calling players with their first names what's that got to do with the football that is played on the park . Wasn't their but after watching the highlights the better team won on the day in my view . Have always said that's the west is in a different mould than in the east when it comes to junior football has been for a few years and it shows 

As for east west i genuinely feel not much between the top east and west sides what i do think is possibly the west has a bit more strength in depth.

Ah does that comment make you feel better have little dig.
Guess i could comeback with something but i won't just makes me laugh like a comment from a guy at the end shouting along the lines of that team won't go any further with that defence, priceless. We have proven ourselves to be a good side this season even though i would say we only played to 70/75 per cent of our potential on Saturday.

Think you've quoted RRC out of context there, he was referring to the comment about when Talbot knocked us out, we were beaten 6-0 by them back in 2011 (not sure of the relevance now mind). It certainly wasn't a dig at KRR, no one is saying KRR didn't deserve to win or that you are a bad side, far from it, just that they thought Penicuik did enough to perhaps force a replay.

End of the day, you'll have only seen us play once this season, like we've only seen KRR play once this season. Any opinion formed about either side is based on one match and won't necessarily be a true reflection of the season or side as a whole.

Also just because not every single referring decision was included in the highlights, there were multiple decisions given against Penicuik that appeared to be soft - in my opinion, I must stress - that contributed to the feeling of frustration with the referee's performance. Perhaps the best way to label the referee is 'inconsistent', what were bookings for Penicuik weren't for KRR.

Again, this is taking nothing away from KRR's win. From what I saw on Saturday, they are a good side who are difficult to beat and they stand a good chance of going all the way. All the best to them for the rest of the season.

Thtas the second time Ive seen KRR this season  -  been a KRR supporter since I was a wee boy many years ago - my old man was manager in the late seventies and still a comittee man -   Ijust tend to see cup matches these days.

As has been said the ref was the same in the League Cup final where he gave us nothing and sent off 2 men so definitely no favouritism with Rob Roy. The manager must have learned from that game to keep the fouls to a minimum as the referee is very strict. This to me is where Penicuick went wrong  - persistently fouling through the game - the video evidence suggests the ref was correct in all the contentious decisions - all the bookings appear justified.

I was impressed with the Penicuik attack as well as the KRR attack - both better than the respective defences - didnt think there was much between the teams apart from Penicuick resorting to fouling when they didnt need to. Attitude from both teaams was excellent fighting back from conceding goals.  For me it was a cracker of a cup tie and a nice set up  at Penicuick - great cup of bovril as well. Wish Penicuick all the best for the rest of the season and will keep an eye out for their results.

Our defence and keeper have been brilliant for us all season. Saturday a combination of events big game, good penicuik attack probably combined lead to them not playing 100 per cent but that will soon change as they are to good a unit .

Cracking game to watch on you tube as a neutral , the first 2 penicuik goals were superb , you start to think its not gonna b your day when goals like that go in , but rabs fought back well to score some goals themselves , didnt seem to be 2 many bad calls by the ref on camera , stupid tackle for the penalty mind , oor william doesnt need much contact to go down (awaits comments lol ) must fancy themselves to go all the way as obviously maxi has installed a never say die attitude an they never stopped on a heavy looking pitch , great scottish cup tie , enjoyed highlights, good luck in draw .

Stewart had that fighting spirit as a player and has it and more as a manager with help of a good team.

We are very lucky to have a proper Rob Roy man in charge.

Players sense that and it must rub off on them.

We've had an excellent season the next three months will decide if it's an excellent one or legendary one.

All i will say on sawyers is he is a top notch junior striker one of the best in the last ten years in the junior game.

Archived