Aberdeen vs Partick Thistle

cilitbang

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Thistle was excellent on their defeat at Pittodrie recently and the result after that with 4 wins in a row shows that especially as 3 out of the 4 wins was teams in the top 6. It was going to be a tough game for us without the injuries but with them is going to be really difficult and not much of a shock it Partick do beat us. Hopefully we will get a bit more luck than Tuesday night but with form this is the worst team we could have got after Celtic. 

On the positive side we do have a fantastic record against them in recent years and also in the cup as last defeat in the Scottish cup is 1930 from the 9 games we have played them. This game brings memories of Van Der Ark hat-trick in the cup in 1990!

Is that the game they gave out Aberdeen fc fixture list cards? Had that in my wallet for a few years afterwards due to being too lazy to ever clear out my wallet. Have a feeling that was a Partick Thistle game and I was in the RDS instead of the South Stand where I usually sit as it was near my birthday so I wanted to see what the RDS was like having never sat there before.

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Is the draw after our game on Sunday?

Oozing confidence there.

Wish I was. maybe we'll practice our corners this week. I know we got a lot of practice on Tuesday but we obviously need more because so many of them were poor.

Only played you twice up here in the scottish cup according to http://www.afcheritage.org/Matches/Stats/headtohead.cfm?set=1

Won 1 Drawn 1. Hmmm.

Rarely have we had more reason to be optimistic going into a big game. First cup QF appearance in years, on a run of 4 straight wins, have recorded 8 clean sheets in the past 10 games, Aberdeen missing key players like Hayes and Jack, club laying on free buses meaning we'll have a far bigger support than usual at Pittodrie.

3-0 Aberdeen.

nae gonna lie Thistle pals, your current form is starting to trouble me. 

This, absolutely this.

I get the heebie jeebies just thinking about it. Thistles form on the up and up, while we've stuttered a bit, then add in the injuries....

Having said that, it's a cup quarter final, against my absolute favourite Glasgow team. It'll be great, and I'm sure it'll turn out fine. For someone.

6 hours ago, Milners said:

Thought Thistle was excellent on their defeat at Pittodrie recently and the result after that with 4 wins in a row shows that especially as 3 out of the 4 wins was teams in the top 6. It was going to be a tough game for us without the injuries but with them is going to be really difficult and not much of a shock it Partick do beat us. Hopefully we will get a bit more luck than Tuesday night but with form this is the worst team we could have got after Celtic. 

On the positive side we do have a fantastic record against them in recent years and also in the cup as last defeat in the Scottish cup is 1930 from the 9 games we have played them. This game brings memories of Van Der Ark hat-trick in the cup in 1990!

Remember that game well.  Brilliant atmosphere in the shed even though we got horsed by a really good Aberdeen team.  Aberdeen brought a huge support down that day and the segregation fence was as mental as I had ever seen it,  Aberdeen pulled a cop in and were throwing his hat about....LOL....good times.....

Remember that game well.  Brilliant atmosphere in the shed even though we got horsed by a really good Aberdeen team.  Aberdeen brought a huge support down that day and the segregation fence was as mental as I had ever seen it,  Aberdeen pulled a cop in and were throwing his hat about....LOL....good times.....

That match was my second Dons away match (first was '89 Skol Cup final). Memories are of Michael Watt giving me the fear any time the ball went into the Dons box, Chic Charnley running the show for long periods before Willem Van Der Ark stepped up and saved the day. I wasn't too far from the fence that day, had some older friends who were in the thick of it - I thought it was always like that!

Looking forward to this one, Aberdeen still have to be favourites. Even if I do have a sneaky wee feeling that Thistle might just get a result here.

Obviously, the Dons been horsed on Tuesday may make them determined to start well. Och, we'll see what we can see, it's a funny old game!

Archived