Aberdeen vs Partick Thistle

cilitbang

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ooft what happened? Hamiltons shitey plastic pitch? 
Still think we'll lose, but might make it a bit closer. 

Stockley and Hayes were pre match, Reynolds I'm not too sure as he went off at half time. Jack's came after being tackled by an Accies player.

1 minute ago, jmothecat said:

Stockley and Hayes were pre match, Reynolds I'm not too sure as he went off at half time. Jack's came after being tackled by an Accies player.

That's pretty bad man, i'm sure we had a similar game against Accies where we lost about three players in the one game, sure at least one of them was during the warm up. 

Lewis

Logan Taylor O'Connor Considine

Christie McLean Shinnie McGinn

Pawlett

Rooney

Christie will replace Hayes

Pawlett probably for Jack

O'Connor for Reynolds. 

It's a shame we're low on numbers as would like to see Rooney drop out.

Do plastic pitches increase injuries or is that just a myth perpetrated by people opposed to them?

Edit: I see Derek is blaming Jack's ankle injury on the pitch.

Think all studies done are fairly inconclusive.

I'm sure that biblical scholars have deciphered that Armageddon Fields will be manufactured from a 3G grass/ fibre composite... 

I've got the fear about this without Jack and Hayes.  We really struggled at home against Thistle a few weeks ago until making a change to our formation and players and then got two good goals.  Thistle will know what to expect this time, and with all our injuries we'll have far fewer options if we're struggling.

Hopefully a decent home crowd as well as what sounds like an excellent Thistle crowd

3 hours ago, AR851903 said:

Partick be even more inclined to play safe for a draw here I think.

Reckon it could be a frustrating afternoon for us.

^^^ hoping for a replay type post.

2 hours ago, starryfish said:

14 years since Thistle last won at Pittodrie? Though I guess they've been out of the top league for a good few of those years.

1-0 win in February 2003 I think it was. Alex Burns scored our goal. It was my first visit to Pittodrie. In 20 odd years of following Thistle home and away it was the only time I've ever been part of an away support that was kept in for its own safety. The Aberdeen fans were seething that day.

Archived