Aberdeen vs Partick Thistle

cilitbang

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm we've seen this movie before ..good form, opposition with injury woes , bigger than usual away support, hardly lost a goal in weeks., on TV etc .....just once Thistle please don't break our hearts again by being 3 down after 20 mins !

And how many times? Though if the last two games are any guIde, Archie has sown a mental toughness in our side which I for one have never associated with Partick Thistle! However, when you've supported Thistle for Forty years, it's difficult not to be less than confident![emoji3]

Stockley is in the squad says Derek.

Older chaps, is Big Jayden a modern day Van Der Ark? Lanky and no one can tell whether or not he's any good? Good at scoring v Thistle?

Big Willem was something else. I loved him, but to this day I've no idea if he was actually any good.

One of the more enigmatic of the Dutch boys of the late 80s.

Wonder what Dons team will be for tomorrow

Lewis

Logan O'Connor Taylor Considine

McLean Shinnie

McGinn Pawlett Christie

Rooney

I've got a wee suspicion Hayes will be fit for tomorrow based on nothing other than he would always have been rested on Hamiltons shite pitch.

With Reynolds, Jack and Hayes out, tomorrow's match is giving me the fear. All setup for bad things - key players out, live on cooncil tele, big away support, smaller club on a roll with clean sheets galore and made us struggle last time.

In terms of team: Lewis; Logan, Taylor, O'Connor, Considine; McLean, Shinnie; McGinn, Christie, Rooney; Stockley.

While Rooney is frustrating out wide, we get a lot more from him and Stockley playing together. They bring good physicality but give us the option of pace off the bench. Really looking for Ryan Christie to step up as his last three games have been pretty poor.

Reckon this will finish 1-1 with Stockley and Erskine swapping goals and a replay to come. Gads

With Reynolds, Jack and Hayes out, tomorrow's match is giving me the fear. All setup for bad things - key players out, live on cooncil tele, big away support, smaller club on a roll with clean sheets galore and made us struggle last time.

In terms of team: Lewis; Logan, Taylor, O'Connor, Considine; McLean, Shinnie; McGinn, Christie, Rooney; Stockley.

While Rooney is frustrating out wide, we get a lot more from him and Stockley playing together. They bring good physicality but give us the option of pace off the bench. Really looking for Ryan Christie to step up as his last three games have been pretty poor.

Reckon this will finish 1-1 with Stockley and Erskine swapping goals and a replay to come. Gads

I get and share the fear to an extent but I think and hope Maclean and Shinnie are playing well enough to cover for Jack being out.

O Connor should be fine for Reynolds so no disaster there. Taylor has hopefully got his monthly howler out the way.

Squeaky 2-1.

general sense of opinion from me talking to guys todays is we can get a result up there at worse take them back to firhill for a replay but I'm more confident than I've been in a long time going up to Pittodrie c'mon the jags [emoji41]

Archived