Next Rangers Manager

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

To be fair , not backing barry up as a definite choice but how many were saying the same about Lennon when he entered the Celtic hot seat round about the same time seven years ago .

Please read this post, Dave King!

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Please read this post, Dave King!

It is true though , for what it's worth I wouldn't take Barry as it is a risk we simply can't afford to take at this point given his lack of success or experience but I can guarantee that many were probably thinking the same when Lennon took charge against a Walter smith led rangers although they might not care to admit .

Congratulations to kingjoey for proving that, despite massive numerical advantages, celtic and the rangers haven't quite cornered the market in mouthbreathing fans just yet.

As for the the rangers manager's job - would that particular position be paying the living wage?

The beauty of this situation is that competent managers require commensurate salaries - which it doesn't really appear that this lot can afford.

There's no longer the carrot of "Aye, we're Ra Gers, getting the CL games with a team built on other peoples' money" to entice a "name" applicant.

The board and the fans expect to be "back in their rightful place" (no sniggering, now!), but that is, obviously, never, ever going to happen. So only deluded fuds who think this club are ever going to be in better shape than they are currently would be interested.

Step forward wee "Square Ba'", then, as even Bomber is surely not that mental.

Truly, a gift that never stops giving.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I have spoken Doric since I was one year old, and I still spik it. This is going well, I reply to a ridiculous post by a Celtic supporter that can't even put "Celtic" as the team he supports, and I get hounded by an Aberdeen supporter that can't see the humour in a fellow Doric speaking loon. Anyway getting back to the thread, can we start a petition to get Barry Ferguson as the next Rangers manager.

Sorry Joey I greenied you then went back, read the thread and un-greenied you. Full disclosure. You've made an erse o this een.

10 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Congratulations to kingjoey for proving that, despite massive numerical advantages, celtic and the rangers haven't quite cornered the market in mouthbreathing fans just yet.

As for the the rangers manager's job - would that particular position be paying the living wage?

The beauty of this situation is that competent managers require commensurate salaries - which it doesn't really appear that this lot can afford.

There's no longer the carrot of "Aye, we're Ra Gers, getting the CL games with a team built on other peoples' money" to entice a "name" applicant.

The board and the fans expect to be "back in their rightful place" (no sniggering, now!), but that is, obviously, never, ever going to happen. So only deluded fuds who think this club are ever going to be in better shape than they are currently would be interested.

Step forward wee "Square Ba'", then, as even Bomber is surely not that mental.

Truly, a gift that never stops giving.

Not a single post that I have put out tonight has been in the slightest nasty or name calling. What gives you the right to call me a mouthbreathing fan ( I presume that you intended it to be an insult). What did I say to so annoy you? Can you back it up with some example?

36 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

To be fair , not backing barry up as a definite choice but how many were saying the same about Lennon when he entered the Celtic hot seat round about the same time seven years ago .

Lennon hadn't had managed at all before Celtic IIRC, Barry has proven himself to be a poor manager. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve another shot at management, but he doesn't deserve a top flight gig, not least in a top six team like Rangers. 

Lennon also came into Celtic at a time where there was little/no competition at the top of Scottish football. It could be argued the only job in Scotland easier was the Rangers job in the bottom division. Lennon's subsequent management career has shown him to be a manager of variable quality, but certainly someone with decent potential. IMO he'll be back at Celtic in the next 5ish years. 

Just now, kingjoey said:

Not a single post that I have put out tonight has been in the slightest nasty or name calling. What gives you the right to call me a mouthbreathing fan ( I presume that you intended it to be an insult). What did I say to so annoy you? Can you back it up with some example?

I'm not annoyed at all - quite the opposite, as every time I think this new club have outlived their entertainment value, they confound expectations and tickle a few more ribs.

Anyone who displays a serious lack of comprehension and is subsequently unable to understand his error when it is kindly explained to him is, frankly, punching above his evolutionary weight by breathing unaided, through whichever orifice.

Not an insult, merely an observation based on the available evidence. I've known plenty of folk who would struggle to walk and talk at the same time - doesn't make them bad people. You may well fit this category.

Or, you may be a thin-skinned wee nyaff. Who knows?

Archived