Airdrie v LIVVY - Saturday 19th

Not entirely true, we did try to sign Cadden, Lithgow and Crighton but simply Livingston offered more dough.

Jesus Christ - you'd think they were the only two capable of being decent defenders in league one.

Cadden was my only regret. Crichton and Lithgow should have been easily replaceable. Or maybe be we should have coughed up.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

There is no doubting we are pish and your team is far superior. But we have history, a community and longstanding traditions and memories passed down the generations. Even if we have been known for being scum bags at least we were known.

Livvy are just a nothing club franchise That stand for nothing. That's no disrespect to you or others on here that are as dedicated fans as any of ours. But there is not a chance I'd ever be jealous of Livvy for anything.

Is that right Clydebank. I hope you lot tumble to the bottom

20 minutes ago, The clean living guy said:

I'm pretty sure Livingston will be back in the bottom tier long before Airdrie. 

Most likely given our history of owners, but this season am going to enjoy that we have cuffed you every time we have played you. 

Wilson is taking you backwards! Haha! 

Says the fan of basket case LIVVY.    No doubt we'll meet you lot there.

Nope yesterday proved we will be no where your rabble any time soon. Unlucky for you.

Watched the lowlights on the website. Great strike from Crighton, poor defending for other 3 goals. Nothing to change what I thought on Saturday. Russell's goal may or may not have been on side. Hard to tell from the camera angle. Will be interesting to see what Conroy was sent off for. If it's for the tackle fair enough. It was late and nowhere near the ball. A yellow would have been sufficient though as the tackle wasn't as bad as the one on Ryan that got a yellow.   If it's for the handbags afterwards, as Wilson's post match interview might suggest, it's soft. There's clearly no punch thrown despite the claims from Livi fans on here and Cadden was as much to blame and was clearly the one who started it and wasn't even booked. 

58 minutes ago, Hugh Jarss said:

Watched the lowlights on the website. Great strike from Crighton, poor defending for other 3 goals. Nothing to change what I thought on Saturday. Russell's goal may or may not have been on side. Hard to tell from the camera angle. Will be interesting to see what Conroy was sent off for. If it's for the tackle fair enough. It was late and nowhere near the ball. A yellow would have been sufficient though as the tackle wasn't as bad as the one on Ryan that got a yellow.   If it's for the handbags afterwards, as Wilson's post match interview might suggest, it's soft. There's clearly no punch thrown despite the claims from Livi fans on here and Cadden was as much to blame and was clearly the one who started it and wasn't even booked. 

Fair enough comments although from your perspective I might be more worried about the amount of space and time Creighton was given for his goal.

With regard to Russell should he even have been on the pitch; hadn't he just received treatment from the physio or was that one of your other guys?

With regard to the young lad getting sent off it was frankly a ridiculous decision. The tackle was late and stupid and doubtless deserved a card but it didn't look like he deliberately went out to injure Cadden. I think the handbags afterwards was down to the fact that he appeared to push Cadden in the face which by the letter of the law is at the very least a caution but I would have thought a stern talking to both would have been the better outcome. I mean for christ sake it was within seconds of the end of the game.

Also from a purely selfish point of view having an opponent sent off so late in the game actually does us no favours what so ever. The result wasn't going to change but the result in the next game when, I believe, you play Alloa could very easily be affected. From a purely hypothetical matter if you ended up playing a weakened side and ended up losing rather than gaining a draw or win could mean that Alloa could very easily end up closing the gap on us.

In reality it probably wont make that much of a difference but little point in some crowing about the fact

And for the record Cadden was cautioned for his part in the reaction.

9 minutes ago, waysider said:

With regard to Russell being on the pitch it was Ryan who received treatment from the physio. As the Livi player who fouled him was booked he didn't require to go off. New rule.

Haven't heard of that before but it certainly makes sense - always bugged me before that you could have a player almost cut in two but had to go off after treatment thus effectively penalising the side for being fouled against. 

4 minutes 55 seconds into the highlights you can see that Conroy has aimed a punch at Cadden, if you look closely, it's hard to see because De Vita is in the way but you can see the fist and arm thrown, it was right infront of me, I'm not making it up. 

Tbf though it looks like the ref has the red card out before that happens. 

Cadden got booked for his reaction which is absolutely fair enough.

1 hour ago, waysider said:

With regard to Russell being on the pitch it was Ryan who received treatment from the physio. As the Livi player who fouled him was booked he didn't require to go off. New rule.

It's an excellent rule change, always felt it was ridiculous that the fouled player had to go off which meant the attacking team where punished.

I was sitting pretty close to the Cadden/Conroy incident. It was Cadden who sparked it off by reacting to the tackle. A bit of shoving ensued. Then Conroy stupidly aimed a punch at him. Only slight contact was made but he definitely made a fist and directed it at Cadden. By the letter of the law the ref was able to send him off but common sense should have dictated a yellow for them both.

Archived