Airdrie v LIVVY - Saturday 19th

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOPKIN OUT!!! :whistle

That was utterly joyful from "LIVVY"

I have to admit I expecting a much tougher afternoon, but Airdrie have genuinely been one of the worst teams we've came up against this season.

First half was fairly even until Sean Crighton scored that peach, (my Motm, just ahead of Halkett who also had a terrific game) from then on we absolutely dominated the game playing some great pass and move football. 

The 2nd half was really good to watch from our perspective, Airdrie rolled over and we took complete advantage. 

The 2nd a tad fortunate, although if the defender didn't put the ball in our player was waiting to put it into the net anyway.

The 3rd goal was brilliant football all started from our own corner flag, amazing skill from Lithgow (never thought I'd ever say that) to get it all started, he probably had his best game in a Livi top today, didn't put a foot wrong. 

Cadden getting his standard goal at Airdrie to, must be gauling for Airdrie fans, Crighton, Lithgow and Cadden all having a major say in today's result, remember when the Airdrie fans said they weren't good enough and replaced them with Boetang and Mensing :lol: 

Shows just what we can do on a pitch that suits passing football, Pittman, Miller and Byrne ran the show especially in the 2nd half, as I've said out defence was as solid as I've seen it, and Mullen and Buchanan where a constant nusence for Airdrie all day. 

Raffa coming on and taking the piss just made the afternoon complete.

As for Conroy, he'll be lucky to get away with just a 3 game suspension, he didn't attempt to win the ball but probably would've got away with a yellow but he's just completely lost the plot and punched Cadden in the face right infront of the ref and linesman, talk about crazy. 

Good to see the fans behind the team for a change, what a difference that makes.

Terrible second half performance. Livi are miles ahead of us. Not sure many of our players would get into their side. I thought the 1st half was fairly even and only a cracking goal from Crighton saw us behind at half time. 2nd half was men against boys. We weren't at the races. 2nd to every ball and couldn't string 2 passes together. I can't give pass marks to anyone today. Back 4 were a shambles. I don't think either centre half won a header all day against 2 smaller forwards. Don't know what Conroy was thinking at the end. The game was over and no need to make the initial challenge. I didn't see him throw a punch as the Livi fans have said and from where I was sitting it looked like handbags but if he has the club should fine him. The last thing we need is one of our better players missing games. Wilson is out of his depth and should be punted but we probably can't afford to pay off another coach!

To be fair about Dizzy and Dosey, not all the Airdrie fans were against them. We offered terms to them at the end of the season but you outbid us. Personally, I've no doubt that if they had signed for us we would be a lot better than we are now.

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jarss said:

Terrible second half performance. Livi are miles ahead of us. Not sure many of our players would get into their side. I thought the 1st half was fairly even and only a cracking goal from Crighton saw us behind at half time. 2nd half was men against boys. We weren't at the races. 2nd to every ball and couldn't string 2 passes together. I can't give pass marks to anyone today. Back 4 were a shambles. I don't think either centre half won a header all day against 2 smaller forwards. Don't know what Conroy was thinking at the end. The game was over and no need to make the initial challenge. I didn't see him throw a punch as the Livi fans have said and from where I was sitting it looked like handbags but if he has the club should fine him. The last thing we need is one of our better players missing games. Wilson is out of his depth and should be punted but we probably can't afford to pay off another coach!

'Another'

Have we paid off any? Unless it's happened in last few weeks while I've been out country then I doubt it.

last I heard the last 2 were taking advice

Although I consider that appointment of Dalziel (who doesn't attend matches) and a rookie manager bizarre I can't see them getting the boot before the end of the season. 

P.s. Although this may be already known McBride has been appointed assistant manager at Raith.

Had a lengthy post typed up there but deleted it. We were shite in the second half and it was a deserved scudding.

And it wasn't a fucking punch. He pushed the wee p***k in the face and deserved a red but it was never punch.

*Seething*

Archived