Scores on the doors 11.2.17

fan of the juniors

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking to the supervisor I wouldn't like to be the referee tonite.
Allowed Keenan way too much scope.
Troon were very lucky to finish with 11 and had 5 or 6 booked.
Thought Forsyth had a great game and prob best player on the park.

There were a fair few Glens players booked too by the way, wouldn't be suggesting the contest was in any way one sided!

Who would you have sent off & for what?

2 hours ago, Troon Portland said:

There were a fair few Glens players booked too by the way, wouldn't be suggesting the contest was in any way one sided!

Who would you have sent off & for what?

Spence should have been sent off 3rd minute for a shocking over the top tackle his fathers excuse he has been out for the last 3 games aye right.

4 hours ago, hacker98 said:

Linlithgow 1 Carnoustie 2 f/t

Well done Whitletts, Carnoustie, meadow,dalry and I suppose Troon, all underdogs 3 wins and no thrashings, need some of that for the BUFFS next week, mate tells me Buddhism can sort everything ! Mr Strain calm down let them play, won't be there, but will be pestering folk with good phones for the score, all the best Buffs, hopefully see you all at the replay.

Well done Whitletts, Carnoustie, meadow,dalry and I suppose Troon, all underdogs 3 wins and no thrashings, need some of that for the BUFFS next week, mate tells me Buddhism can sort everything ! Mr Strain calm down let them play, won't be there, but will be pestering folk with good phones for the score, all the best Buffs, hopefully see you all at the replay.

Craigmark as well. Not sure when the last time was that Craigmark made the last 16 of the West.

On 11/02/2017 at 17:08, Troon Portland said:

Full teams out for both sides, which makes us even happier coming down the road.

Very encouraging performance for us, we're far from out this yet!

Not entirely true ..... Glens without 1st choice right back .... McAusland; also David Gray was on bench, another regular first team choice in middle park for us!

Thought Glens were lack lustre on Sat to say the least, and didn't get out lower gears never mind work up through the gears to the level we have regularly been playing at this season.  A wee timely reminder kick up the arse maybe go a long way for us picking ourselves up & pushing on for remaimder of season.

Thought our fight totally changed when Davie Gray & Mick McCann came on, 3 or 4 cracking corners into box and right across face of Troon goal that none of our players could take advantage of - when on another day we would have buried them all.  And it would be different score line.

as earlier mentioned, Troon very very lucky to end with eleven men on park, Spence could and should have been off for his earlier challenge before the crunching one he finally got shown a yellow for.  And yes the ref supervisor also said wrong colour card used.  As for Keeno, he no longer even attempts to challenge for the ball he just stands in the way and uses his frame to force players off the ball, and thinks he's the referee at times.  A stronger ref would not stand for his nonsense.  Having said that Troon had more fight & took their chances when they got them, well done & best of luck for rest of season.

so let's take it as a learning curve and use it to kick on in Scottish this coming Sat and in the league going forward.  Super Afton!

Archived