Blast From The Past!

14 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Was watching a video on Eighties toys when these A-Team action figures popped up, and suddenly I was five years old again and feeling the utter joy at seeing TOYS! TOYS, MUM!

goodguys.jpg

Anyone else on here have these? I swear I got mine from Happy Meals or something similar, as I ended up with more than one of the lad in the orange jumpsuit (whichever he was supposed to be) and have a vague memory of playing with them in some restaurant or other. I never questioned it at the time, but their odd outfits were due to re-use of existing plastic moulds for other action figures. The shit you learn. There was an interesting series on Netflix about that kind of thing, but I forget the title and I cancelled my subscription a while back.

I had these ones

7302652812_c8f1c157cd_w.jpg

4 minutes ago, greendot said:

I remember having BA and that was it.  Always remembered you could squash his head when you squeezed it! :lol:

BA's head tasted pretty good IIRC. Had all the Dangermouse figures too. 

ETA - and HeMan & Skeletor, a castle and a big flying cat thing.

Edited by Shandon Par

16 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Been watching 'Blakes 7' on youtube, thought it was brilliant in 1978, when in reality, it's a pile of shite.

Thank you.

I watched them all at the tail end of last year. Some of the episodes had great storylines and some of the banter from Avon and Vila was funny. 

the actual story arcs seemed to go a bit awry after the big invasion and subsequent fallout. 

The end of the serious was poor and struck me as a rush job.

as said some decent space tottie though. Thank you.

I've watched Survivors (1975-76). Started on You Tube but some missing episodes and out of order. Daily Motion has them all. 

Again, some good writing but pretty wooden acting at times.

thank you.

51 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I watched them all at the tail end of last year. Some of the episodes had great storylines and some of the banter from Avon and Vila was funny. 

the actual story arcs seemed to go a bit awry after the big invasion and subsequent fallout. 

The end of the serious was poor and struck me as a rush job.

as said some decent space tottie though. Thank you.

I've watched Survivors (1975-76). Started on You Tube but some missing episodes and out of order. Daily Motion has them all. 

Again, some good writing but pretty wooden acting at times.

thank you.

Onto episode 4, the budget must have been about 50 quid! Brian Blessed in episode 3 bawling and shouting as well.😃

18 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Onto episode 4, the budget must have been about 50 quid! Brian Blessed in episode 3 bawling and shouting as well.😃

Wait until you see the 'wild ' dogs 😂

I definitely had that big BA Baracus figure too. Not the others, though - the expressions on their faces are terrifying.

BA just looks like he's about to start a full-on, "ooh, get you!"

IMG_20200424_223653224.thumb.jpg.9e8cfebed830b1c6861cee11f7ff325a.jpg

I still have a couple of 1970s vintage Matchbox and Corgi model cars from my childhood.

This is the fascist version of the VW Beetle. We also had a hippy version which was green and had a daisy deco on the roof.

• 4 months later...